Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man last night was fun!! My husband let me hunt his good spot today, a tore up white oak that was dropping huge acorns. I got up early and sat for a while without seeing any deer. Then at 6:30 two big does came in. I waited too long and ended up not getting a shot at the first big doe as she fed under the tree. But that's okay because the 2nd doe was even bigger and she gave me an 8yrd broadside shot... Unfortunately I was 40ft up in a tree and she was down a hill. I shot her high but spine shot her. She didn't die right away and I feel terrible about that... She pulled herself down the hill and I wasn't able to get another arrow in her. I was about to get down to finish her off so she wouldn't have to suffer and then I turned and saw this guy coming in!!! He horned a tree and freshened a scrape in about 20 seconds. He was about 30yards away and NOT coming to the feed tree. I drew back and NAILED him!! I've never even attempted a shot at a deer that far away before but I guess all my practicing and 3D shoots this summer paid off!! He only ran 50 yards and piled up!!! :RockOn:

I then got down and double lunged the poor doe that was down the hill suffering. :sad:

So even after all that 3 more deer came in to feed at the white oak.. I had to run them off!!

Hunt like a girl!
*Laurie

Attachments

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Congrats:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.