Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a double :tongue:

The doe came out early, 6:15, sniffed my climbing stix, and stomped once, didnt want her to blow the deal for the bucks I have been seeing in this area, and I wanted to get some vittles so I shot her at 12 yards, she went 80 yards and piled up.

The buck came out at 7:00 with another mid 120's buck, he covered about 60 yards in 30 minutes and I shot him at 45 yards, he went 30 yards and piled up just inside the timber. He had some ground shrinkage but he also had some neat junk, couple small kickers and drops and a forked brow. I also thought that he was 4.5 and the buck that was with him was 3.5, but now im not so sure, I think the buck that was with him was just a dandy 2.5 yr old. Im still glad I took him, nice buck, but the season is over for me :cry: Shootin a pro 38 at 67 pounds, Rocky Mountain traditions (did an awesome job) and gold tips. Thought id share, good luck this season to the rest of you, and thanks Danimal and TRS8804 for helpin me haul em out.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Congrats josh!, Seems like a great buck to me. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
congrats!!

Congrats!! but cant figure out if being done this early is a good thing or a bad thing?!?!?! Whats ya going to do the rest of the winter!?!?!

·
74,535 Posts
Congradulations

How many bucks are you allowed in Missouri.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
One before gun season, one after gun season with a bow

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thumperX said:
Congrats!! but cant figure out if being done this early is a good thing or a bad thing?!?!?! Whats ya going to do the rest of the winter!?!?!

Heck I dont know, run the camera till bird season starts I guess, and actually get some early season duck hunting in, plus I got Oct Mule deer, ill think of something :tongue:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Nice deer!!
Rocky Mountain broadheads ain't no joke!!!

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
nice deer josh....not bad for your first buck....:eek:

honestly though....i had a blast and tracking him and helping along got my blood boiling....congrats and team Ross has some work to do now:wink:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Congrats,
I hope I am that lucky!

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CMR said:
Nice deer!!
Rocky Mountain broadheads ain't no joke!!!
I get more and mroe impressed with every deer I shoot with the traditions, the Doe I shot a little back, but the arrow was buried in the dirt 6 inches, the buck was 40+ yards and that arrow was a complete pass through and in the dirt, and all this with a relatively light 360 grain arrow. Its either silver flames or traditions for me from now on.

·
177 5/8"
2,102 Posts
Hey, nice shootin', Josh! I didn't know a Pro 38 could shoot that far. :heh: So is it gonna be a shoulder-mount, rack-plaque or Euro-style?

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BagginBigguns said:
Hey, nice shootin', Josh! I didn't know a Pro 38 could shoot that far. :heh: So is it gonna be a shoulder-mount, rack-plaque or Euro-style?

I done hackd the skull cap like all the others, Danimal wasnt happy about it, lol

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Hey, nice shootin', Josh! I didn't know a Pro 38 could shoot that far. So is it gonna be a shoulder-mount, rack-plaque or Euro-style?
hey john....you know what i would pick....:wink:

I done hackd the skull cap like all the others, Danimal wasnt happy about it, lol
very true....:sad:

·
Registered
161 Posts
You piece of crap!!!

Congratulations Josh, thinks for comming to get your neighbor to help you track him. I set at home all night, but nobody called. Anyways congratulations, hope you can find something to keep you bussy the rest of the fall.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts