• viper microtune

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for my maitland bow I want to get a good sight for 3d and hunting. So i want a sight with 3td axis and a dove tail. I want to do a poll to see which of the brands are prefered. Also if i missed any you can list them down there. Anyone who knows the price of said sight I would love to hear what each one costs so I can take that into account. I would also like one with wrapped pins to help with hunting.

·
Registered
404 Posts
A lot comes down to personal preference really. I currently have a Sword Apex 3rd Plane on my Constitution, and I love the metal housing. I've seen a few of my friend's Viper Predator MT's up close, and I'm very impressed with their build quality/feature set especially at that price point.

I won't mind trying out the Axcel Armortech HD pro, but it's certainly up there in the $$.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
If this was 4 years ago I would recommended Copper John but not now.
I have 4 different bows and 3 of them have Original Copper John DeadNut Pro II on them great sight but they no longer have replacement pins for this sight and since they continue to change their design none of the newer sights have any parts that work with the older models and this is how they got into the sight business they sold a lot of the DeadNuts Models and they blame that the Pin Vendor is no more and thus you can't get pins for it. Sad they had such a good sight but without pins it is slowly becoming useless. Though I did get a couple of pins from guys here that will hold me over. They once sold just the pins and now they don't So I won't give them any more of my money. If someone made them why can't they find another vendor and they would continue selling the pins and after 10 years I could see phasing them out but these Sights are not that old yet and no parts... You would think they would have more than just one vendor for parts/pins...

I have been looking being I like the ability to slide the sight in to get it in the case on the bow and the dovetail offers me that but the prices have increase a bit and most of the dovetails are out of my budget these days.

I like the simplicity of the DeadNuts but I guess everything these days is "throwaway"...

LFM

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
none of the above.. BUT if i had to choose from the ones you listed, it would be the viper or the copper john.

NOT the spot-hogg or axcel stuff.

so i voted for the viper, but i would get the tru-glo, but i wouldnt get a dovetail unless it is a target sight. get a single pin slider sight. (HHA or viper quickset)

·
Engineerd To Kill
2,730 Posts
Spot-Hogg all the way!
The spot-hogg hogg-it w/wrap and the axcel armortech hd are about the same price. I would go with both but the spot-hogg warranty is the best. IMO
But you really cant go wrong with any of them bro.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
axcel armortech pro all the way.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
can't go wrong with any one of those. but i like my hogg it the best.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
do you have a link or a picture of a davis sight?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts