Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
I don’t see it as long…I see a bent front arm, high front shoulder and high back elbow- all signs of being short but still leaning back. Her posture and grip need fixed before you can determine draw length. Bring the feet 4-6” closer together and swing the hips away from the target/ over the feet,

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Have her stand up straight she is leaning back, push those hips back. Extend the bow arm and rotate her bow hand clockwise until her knuckles are at a 45 degree angle then she won’t hit her forearm. Than take another pic. Peep may also be about a 1/4” to high.

Reactions: CuriousLayman

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It's cool that your wife is into it...

The length looks pretty good to me, but there are some form issues, like others said. Hey, we've all got form issues.

Is she voicing a concern that it feels too long or short? Is she uncomfortable at that draw length? This is about as unscientific as it gets, but if you can adjust the draw on the bow, just try different lengths and she can see which one just feels and shoots better while you check that she has a good anchor point. Sometimes, that's all you need to know at this point.

·
Registered
Hoyt CRX 32, PSE EVL 34
466 Posts
I don’t see it as long…I see a bent front arm, high front shoulder and high back elbow- all signs of being short but still leaning back. Her posture and grip need fixed before you can determine draw length. Bring the feet 4-6” closer together and swing the hips away from the target/ over the feet,
Pretty much agree with this. Stance: (feet go under shoulders, stand straight up, no hitching at the hips,) bow arm:straight to target( bones Need to been in alignment with the shoulder) . Shoulders need to level off but fixing the hitching should help level them. Grip: is incorrect if you wear a wrist watch it should turn to the sky, pressure on the meaty part of the thumb pad. Fingers should just tickle the front of the riser. Anchor: To much facial pressure on her anchor.
Peep: is too low

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
AT is not the only place where draw is too long, working at a pro shop for a dozen years the only thing more common than a 5'8" tall dude shooting 30 inch draw was the same dude pulling too much draw weight!

One thing at a time, get her standing up straight with her feet directly below her shoulders.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
Years ago giving lessons at a shop I had a young girl who I could not get to stand straight, I put a short arrow in her back pocket so when she leaned back it would jab her a little, straightened her right up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts