Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38,292 Posts
It gets shorter the more I get inline, it seems.

Normal?
Only if you were over drawing, I should think. How do you know you are getting more in line?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
It's not the alignment, it's the ammount of pull. yes, it's normal.

·
Registered
20,778 Posts
Db -

Optimal alignment = maximum draw length. At least in theory, but it a good theory. Unless of course, you were indeed over drawing as WB suggested.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
447 Posts
most people tend to overdraw when they start. If that was the case with you, your form may just be improving.

The other option is your form is changing and you are doing something wrong and your draw shouldn't be shortening. The only way to know for sure is to have someone look at your form. You could always post a pic on her asking for opinions if you'd like. Should you choose to do so a couple diff angles will help people break down your form for you.

·
Registered
38,292 Posts
most people tend to overdraw when they start. If that was the case with you, your form may just be improving.
That is sooo not my experience. I've never seen a newbie overdraw.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe not exactly, overdrawing, but drawing with the arm

I used to align more to the side of my face, it is getting close to center, but of course... It can't be too center.

·
Registered
38,292 Posts
really? at our club everyone tries to draw to their ears when they start :confused:
Well, in a way that sounds like a good thing, but only in the context I'm used to, which is people pulling to just in front of their face. Now if we could only combine the two groups and average them every thing would be perfect. Perhaps the people I'm used to seeing are overbowed?

·
Registered
38,292 Posts
Maybe not exactly, overdrawing, but drawing with the arm

I used to align more to the side of my face, it is getting close to center, but of course... It can't be too center.
Sounds like you are using the wrong definition of "getting in line." Optimal alignment is about upper body alignment, not your anchor on your face.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
It gets shorter the more I get inline, it seems.

Normal?
Hope so...

I have a side anchor - but recently I realised it had Unconsciously become more "extreme" - I think I had gone too far around the angle of my chin. I have made a conscious effort to restrict how far to the side the anchor goes. The result has been to take about 1/8" - 1/4" off the my draw length. BUT..... the shot is more fluent (better back use?) and the whole stance feels a bit more stable. Is that your experience too?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts