Archery Talk Forum banner

Draw Length Help

435 5
I am new to bows and planning on an Elite to be my first. The Impulse 31 seems to a very good bow with excellent reviews so far. But with my ignorance of bow terminology I am having trouble understanding a few things.
Bow Mod=Draw Module?
Using draw measurements I end up being at 25.5". From Elite site it looks like smallest module is a #9-26".
Thanks for your help.:confused:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,784 Posts
tinben: A couple of other things that will affect your draw length: 1)using a "D-Loop" which most bows have (this saves
wear on the bow string caused by the release), 2)the type of release. I use a Pro Bearing wrist release from the mid 1980-
1990's era which has the gun trigger set up. By using this style of a release I had to shorten my actual bow draw length
quite a bit by changing the modules. I am shooting the 2014 Elite Energy 35. All the best.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Easterbunny for your help. I'm glad I started this thread. It's always good to ask folks question that have been in archery already. I didn't even take into consideration the release. I'm planning on getting a Scott Mongoose XT with black leather and bucle. I looked at one at a bow shop and it seems to be very sturdy.

· Registered
6,794 Posts
How did you get your draw length? You need to go to a good pro shop and get measured to no for sure before buying anything. Don't over look the spirit, it's a excellent bow for short draw length people man or women and it's the easiest drawing smoothest bow elite makes.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used that wingspan method. Tip of middle finger to tip of middle finger devided by 2.5. I am planning a trip to a good shop ina couple of weeks. They are an Elite dealer but about an hour and half away. Just gotta get time of work.

· Registered
2,016 Posts
How did you get your draw length? You need to go to a good pro shop and get measured to no for sure before buying anything. Don't over look the spirit, it's a excellent bow for short draw length people man or women and it's the easiest drawing smoothest bow elite makes.
This^^^. Your draw length is specific to you body dimensions and a pro shop can help you measure. Changing your D-loop or release type will change your anchor point and may effect your comfort and ability to hold on target but your actual DL will not change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.