Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone I am in need of some advice and helpful hints. I recently purchased a new set of strings for my 2012 Bear Anarchy from Proline Bowstrings and they are great. Only one issue... I have twisted the string down to 1 twist per inch and the bus cable is probably about 1.5 - 2.0 twists per inch. I have my axle to axle set correct and the brace height is about 1/8 inch to long and my draw length module is 28 but I am getting 28.5 when i draw the bow full draw and measure. I need some help getting the draw length down and do not want to put any more twists in the string. All your proshoppers and expert archers please help.

· (aka lug nut)
54,880 Posts
Ok everyone I am in need of some advice and helpful hints. I recently purchased a new set of strings for my 2012 Bear Anarchy from Proline Bowstrings and they are great. Only one issue... I have twisted the string down to 1 twist per inch and the bus cable is probably about 1.5 - 2.0 twists per inch. I have my axle to axle set correct and the brace height is about 1/8 inch to long and my draw length module is 28 but I am getting 28.5 when i draw the bow full draw and measure. I need some help getting the draw length down and do not want to put any more twists in the string. All your proshoppers and expert archers please help.
The string should have been delivered to you at the correct length.

Custom strings should not be twisted much at all...just a half twist or a full twist MAX,
to adjust the peep sight position.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i checked the length of the strings and they match the factory requirements. so any idea on why i would still be getting a long draw length?

· (aka lug nut)
54,880 Posts
Send the bowstring back to Proline,
so they can rebalance the twists in the bowstring,
and
re-install the center serving.

If the twists above the center serving and
if the twists below the center serving are out of balance...

the bowstring will never stabilize (you will have peep rotation).

The correct bowstring length = 99-3/8ths inches,
under 100 lbs of tension EXACTLY,
using 1/4-inch diameter stretcher posts.

The posts MUST be 1/4-inch in diameter, inside the end loops,
and
you MUST load up the tension to 100 lbs,
and then,
you measure from outside edge of metal post to outside edge of metal post.

If the extra twists you added were all on one side,
or a mixture of twists on the top and bottom...

the string twists pressure is out of balance
above and below the center serving,
soooo...

give ProLine and call,
and send the bowstring back to them for re-construction.

The cables are not so sensitive.
No peep sight in the cables.

Cable length should measure 36-15/16ths in length,
using 1/4-inch diameter posts inside the end loops
and
stretching tension exactly at 100 lbs.

So,
if you are sending the bowstring back for reconstruction....

might as well send the cable back for adjustment,
back to the correct length.

When the string and cable comes back,
reconstructed,
then...

just install the string and cable,
and do not add or remove twists.

Just install the re-constructed string and cable.

Then,
with the string and cable installed...

now,
check the axle to axle length of the bow,
with the limb bolts at maximum.

If the ATA is a skosh long or short,
FIRST check the draw weight.

If the draw weight is say 1 lb LOW,
then,
add a half twist or a full twist,
to get the max draw weight correct.

The purpose of the cable is to squeeze the limb tips together,
with the bow at rest.

The proper check,
is to check draw weight.

ADD an extra twist or two to the cable,
if your max draw weight is a skosh low.

REMOVE a twist in the cable,
if your max draw weight is a skosh HIGH.

· (aka lug nut)
54,880 Posts
If max poundage is correct,
and
if ATA is correct,
and
if brace height is only 1/8th inch long....

this implies that the bowstring is a tiny bit on the long side.

When the string is shortened...
(extra twists)
then,
the brace height will shrink.

So,
string length is close.

DRAW LENGTH 1/2-inch long,
I gotta look more closely at the cam design.

Just a sec.

· (aka lug nut)
54,880 Posts

So,
28-inch draw length on the Bear Anarchy...

Flat Top Cam system.

You have the #6 DL module?

CHECK YOUR DRAW STOP.

The draw stop has TWO SIDES.

ONE SIDE has the #1 stamped on it.
OTHER SIDE has "1/2" stamped on it.

IF you are using the #6 module,
CONFIRM that you can see "1" facing you.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i took care of the string issue and have them at the correct lengths, and when i measured the draw weight it came out to 80lbs, the max draw weight from bear was 72. is this something that could be caused by the different type of string materials used? or is there a way for me to get to spec maxed out?

· (aka lug nut)
54,880 Posts
so i took care of the string issue and have them at the correct lengths, and when i measured the draw weight it came out to 80lbs, the max draw weight from bear was 72. is this something that could be caused by the different type of string materials used? or is there a way for me to get to spec maxed out?
What is your ATA?
What is your brace height?

What is the measured draw length now?

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so what i am getting is 35.25in ata, 7 1/4in brace, and the draw length from the front of the riser is 28 3/4in with the #6 module. my arrows are still at the same point on the bow as they were before i changed strings so i think the draw length is good and my anchor point is the same. maybe bear measures there draw length from middle of riser, (don't know why they would) but that measurement would be exactly 28in.

· (aka lug nut)
54,880 Posts
ok so what i am getting is 35.25in ata, 7 1/4in brace, and the draw length from the front of the riser is 28 3/4in with the #6 module. my arrows are still at the same point on the bow as they were before i changed strings so i think the draw length is good and my anchor point is the same. maybe bear measures there draw length from middle of riser, (don't know why they would) but that measurement would be exactly 28in.
What is the tape measure reading
from the pivot point of the grip (deepest part of the curve)
to the center serving, between the d-loop knots?

What is the measurement
from PIVOT POINT to the NOCK GROOVE?

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nuts are you looking for the measurement at rest or at full draw?

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'll measure it when i get out of work and let you know.

· (aka lug nut)
54,880 Posts
nuts are you looking for the measurement at rest or at full draw?

Need this measurement.

You can put a piece of masking tape on the sight window
and draw a line that is directly above the pivot point of the grip.

Then,
have a friend mark an arrow, while you are at full draw
at the line which indicates the position of the pivot point on the grip.

Then,
you can measure the arrow,
from the nock groove
to the fresh mark on the arrow,
which represents the pivot point of the grip.

· Placebo Power!
12,051 Posts
There is no way your specs are correct if you are building 8 extra lbs. Your ATA would have to be short at minimum.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.