Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to I measure the draw length on my trykon. I'm following Javi's tuning guide, and I'm not sure where I measure it from. If I measure the inside of the grip to the nock, it seems short by two inches. I have 27" draw length Zepher cams.

Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Add 1 3/4" to the true draw to arrive at the AMO draw length specified by the cams... 27.0" - 1.75" = 25.25"

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Ensure you measure from the throat of the grip and not the center of the berger button or you will be off by about 5/8"

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
98Redline said:
Ensure you measure from the throat of the grip and not the center of the berger button or you will be off by about 5/8"
Where did you come up with that one?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are my draw stops.

My Tiller is exact,
My Brace height is exact and my draw length is on.

The only thing I couldn't check was poundage and it didn't feel too heavy. maybe a little stiffer.

Problem is, I still have broadheads grouping off of my field tips. I have tried moving my rest, but still left.

Sometimes high left, sometimes low left. but always left.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,343 Posts
Sidewaize said:
Here are my draw stops.

My Tiller is exact,
My Brace height is exact and my draw length is on.

The only thing I couldn't check was poundage and it didn't feel too heavy. maybe a little stiffer.

Problem is, I still have broadheads grouping off of my field tips. I have tried moving my rest, but still left.

Sometimes high left, sometimes low left. but always left.

So, try dropping the draw weight
by adjusting the limb bolts top and bottom.

Try taking 1 full turn off the top limb bolt.
AND
Try taking 1 full turn off the bottom limb bolt.

See if that makes it better.

You may need to drop the draw weight even more
to get the best draw weight setting.

If that does not work,
you can also try increasing the draw weight
by adding turns to both limb bolts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm shooting approximately 68lbs, with Gold tip 5575 arrows cut to 25.75" shaft length.

I've been shooting Muzzy 4 blades and Magnus stinger broadheads out of a Trophy taker pronghorn rest.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,343 Posts
Sidewaize said:
I'm shooting approximately 68lbs, with Gold tip 5575 arrows cut to 25.75" shaft length.

I've been shooting Muzzy 4 blades and Magnus stinger broadheads out of a Trophy taker pronghorn rest.
Yup, I would try dropping the draw weight
by taking off 1 full turn on both limb bolts.

Shoot a few shots.

Then, take off another full turn on both limbs
bolts, for a total of 2 full turns less than your current setting.

If you put a dab of white out
or paint or nail polish
at the 12-o'clock position
on both limb bolts,
then it's easier to figure out where you currently
have the limb bolts positioned.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Between Nuts & Bolts, and Javi, i just might have a chance this season.

Even my 4 blade muzzy's are in line now.

Everything is a bit, high, but I'm going now to get a peep w/ the rubber tubing. (Tired of twisting the peep) I think with all the adjusting my current peep is off which sent my arrows high on the last round.

I will get the peep installed, give my poor arms a rest and let you all know how it goes later today.

Thanks again. You guys really don't know how much your help has meant to me. I was looking at another wasted season. (Had a bad experience with a bowtech patriot last year)

Once again,

THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, now I feel completely and totally Hopeless. I thought the broadheads were back to center, but I was mistaken. Evidently those were just 3 lucky shots.

Now we are back to left and high left on all broadheads.

I have moved rest, dropped two full turns on the limbs with little to no effect. Some of the Broadheads appear to be planing or making a final turn when it nears the target. Sometimes high, sometimes low but most always left.

THought I was going hunting tomorrow, but I will be lucky if I can pull it back, let alone have my broadheads hit. :mad:

THanks for the help though, I do appreciate it.:wink:

The nice thing is I can get wonderful groups with my field tips..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts