Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some opinions from you guys ! I bought a new Mathews Triax yesterday and with it being warm and driving 2 1/2 hours to get it. I had on a long sleeve shirt and no coat when I shot the bow after they set it up for me and everything was ok so today my new 2" sight housing came and I installed it and was shooting a little to get it sighted in and I had a light coat on and several times I noticed the string hitting my coat ! I have read so stuff on here about the Mathews being long on there dl. I don't know if they put it on a draw board or not but I know they set it for 27" dl. My question is do you guys think my dl is to long and that's why its slapping my coat because I wore this same coat when I shot my bear and it never hit my coat ! I'm just worried that hunting late season and wearing my heavier jacket it will hit it also !

Thanks Guys !

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
The one my buddy has is a 1/4” long. I measured on a draw board. Could be just need to adjust your grip some. The flat back grip is a little different. Take a pic for some to look at and see what it looks like. Do a head to toe with bow level and wear a t shirt tucked in and can see what ya look like.

·
Registered
923 Posts
You could also have someone look at you from behind to see if you release arm is in line with your arrow. If your elbow is pointing left or right of the arrow, then more than likely you DL is off. Remember the grip handle (plate), D loop, and release head all contribute to your DL. If any of these are different from when you where at the shop (e.g., use used the shops release), then you might have some DL adjustments to make.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is hitting the sleeve down around my wrist. My arm is pretty well extended and not quite locked. The brace height is the same as my Bear Escape was and it never hit !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts