• my draw length is longer

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • arm span divided by 2.5 is correct for me

Votes: 31 35.6%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I have MANY BOWS
2,432 Posts
I come out to 28.25" I'm shooting 28 5/8" AMO DL right now. I'm still not sure on DL even though that is where Larry Wise put me at in coaching.

The divide by 2.5 is just a starting point, when you get into serious shooting/target you tweak DL within an 1/8" minimum, whatever nets the best hold/form/scores/grouping etc.

·
I have MANY BOWS
2,432 Posts
it's incredible, how many times we have to go through this.
the wingspan method is based on "anthropometric proportion". a set of rules based on the condition that the "average" human body has specific measurements of balanced proportion. one of those balanced proportions, is that your wing span is the same as your height. if you happen to fall with this proportion, the wingspan method will be very close to your ideal draw length. if you don't, it will be close, either short or long, by the same percentage that your wingspan is either short or long, compared to your height. very few people fall into this category of equal proportion. that is why the wingspan method is considered only a "starting point" , or a "ball park measurement".
I am one of those who do fall into this category of equal proportion and my wingspan measurement /2.5 is 27.26"....my perfect draw length happens to be 27-5/16, or 27.3125".... very close to the same measurement.
if you've seen the drawing of a human body, spread eagle inside a circle, that drawing is the symbol of anthropometric proportion, established by Leonardo Da Vince, a long time ago. it's content is still used today, to design anything that has to do with the human body, fitting a design.
Very interesting....I'm 5' 11" and my wing span is 5.885Ft or 70.625"...yet Larry Wise put me at 28 5/8" AMO DL. Very true about different bows fitting differently. I'm still not 100% on DL yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.