• my draw length is longer

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • arm span divided by 2.5 is correct for me

Votes: 31 35.6%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Back Yard Champion
34,864 Posts
Well, Dale and ron have pretty much nailed it down. Change your release and draw length can be effected. Formulas are ball park like noted, give a number start with. Some people can feel a 1/8" too long or too shorter. One person noted he could feel .040" off.

·
Back Yard Champion
34,864 Posts
Well, Dale and ron have pretty much nailed it down. Change your release and draw length can be effected. Formulas are ball park like noted, give a number start with. Some people can feel a 1/8" too long or too shorter. One person noted he could feel .040" off.
No way can someone feel that little of a difference. Given a blind test it would be "hope I guess the right one". Anyone that says that I'm sure can shoot 4" groups at 100 yards and uses the same pin for zero to 40 yards with no drop. It's an old tune when you been around archery for a long time. :sleep:
I noted the .040" just because of the person saying so and he is quite a good shot. I can't detect .040", but can 1/8" too long or too short and not that I couldn't live with either, just that it feels different, wrong, after having it "right" for so long. I've had bows that were set exacting to 28 1/4", but one felt right and the other short. The one that felt right had a ata of 41 1/2". The one that feels short has a ata of 40 1/4".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.