Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into getting a bow for the past couple of weeks and the draw length is 26-30. My draw length is a 25 1/2''. This has been in the back of my mind for a while, but I haven't really been worried about it becuase i'm nineteen and I'm sure I'm still gonna grow a half inch. I started thinking, what if I buy this buy and my draw length doesn't change. So is there anyway to bring the bow's draw length down to a 25 1/2 or even a 25?

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I have been looking into getting a bow for the past couple of weeks and the draw length is 26-30. My draw length is a 25 1/2''. This has been in the back of my mind for a while, but I haven't really been worried about it becuase i'm nineteen and I'm sure I'm still gonna grow a half inch. I started thinking, what if I buy this buy and my draw length doesn't change. So is there anyway to bring the bow's draw length down to a 25 1/2 or even a 25?
need more details about the bow to know whether or not it can be changed. But my first question is: Are you stuck on this bow? Why? I am sure there are several that would meet your needs now and you could always trade the one you buy now for a different one later when you outgrow it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need more details about the bow to know whether or not it can be changed. But my first question is: Are you stuck on this bow? Why? I am sure there are several that would meet your needs now and you could always trade the one you buy now for a different one later when you outgrow it.

Yes I am pretty much stuck on this bow, and it is a 2010 martin firecat tr2.
You can change the draw length from 26 to 30.

·
Registered
86 Posts
short draw leangth

I have the same problem. I bought a mathews legacy but would like to get a new bow. Who does trade ins on bows.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
put a big piece of rubber tubing on your draw stop

that'll do it

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I have the same problem. I bought a mathews legacy but would like to get a new bow. Who does trade ins on bows.
some of the bow shops will take trades ... but you can most likely sell it for more than you could get in credit trading it in. Post it in the classifieds section on here .. .plenty of folks shopping in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts