Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I don'tget is how the bow manf. are able to get away with the draw length specs of todays bow. Every PSE and Bowtech i have measure run at least .5 to 1" long. The x forces are about 7/8 on the ones I measured. The only reason I can think of is thatmost people don't care as long as they are shooting super fast. Or maybe they just don't know how to measure DL. I know Hoyts are pretty much on with their speeds and DL. I just wish the other companies would do the same.I wonder how madpeople would be if the bought a car that showed 18 hwy and it only got 13. U pull any Bowtech or PSEout of the box bottomed out and it will be at least .5 to long. To some that doesn't seem like a lot but but it is. After shooting tournments for over 15 yrs I can tell u that if I was to lengthen my draw .5" it would dang near double my groups out to 50 yrds. And as a avid bowhunter that is a lot to give up when U are shooting broadheads,up in a tree and it's cold. Just imagine what that .5" has done now to your goups. Again I think I'm being conservative with .5".

· Registered
2,225 Posts
I know on PSE's X Force line the extreme loads tend to stretch the strings out a bit and causes a longer draw length, because of this they have went to the america's best strings. they also shortened up the draw on the new hybrid cams and now when you get the bows the draw length should come out between spot on and .25 inches longer than stated.

I think they took some heat on this one from a lot of people and listened. myself I have my X force with Rock Solid Strings and the draw force curve is flat and shooting the 348-349 fps with peep and loop at 30.25" draw

later
jkeiffer

· Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lien2

OK not sure what that meant. I just know from a consumer point of view. When u order a bow and it comes in to long it can be a bit of a pain when now u have to drive somewhere to get mods or even worse exchange cams. A lot of the new bows are draw specific.

· Registered
8,686 Posts
I know on PSE's X Force line the extreme loads tend to stretch the strings out a bit and causes a longer draw length, because of this they have went to the america's best strings. they also shortened up the draw on the new hybrid cams and now when you get the bows the draw length should come out between spot on and .25 inches longer than stated.

I think they took some heat on this one from a lot of people and listened. myself I have my X force with Rock Solid Strings and the draw force curve is flat and shooting the 348-349 fps with peep and loop at 30.25" draw

later
jkeiffer
I still don't get why they can't build spot on . Heck even I can make one spot on and I do but I shouldn't have too. it should be spot on from the factory

I have given up buying new bows just for this reason, they ain't really as advertised.

· Registered
55,407 Posts
LOL this whole thread is kind of point less. First off the 99% of the bows do not come from the factory set to your draw length-------that's is up to the store selling you the bow to worry about getting it set to the proper draw for YOU. Hoyt is no different than anyone else. Because of cam, limb and riser design each bow can feel different in draw length. Depending on what bow I shoot the draw can vary fro 27" to 28" and guess what it's pretty well been that way for years.:wink::rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.