Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here ever used one?
the reason i ask is i broke my neck about 5 yrs ago.and have been getting back into bow hunting . my problem is though the neck muscles are not as strong as they used to be and when i practice i can only shoot a couple arrows and have to stop for about a half hr or so so the neck and shoulders will stop quivering.. it is frustrating that i am not able to hold the bow for longer i have my poundage down to 50 so i can at least pull and hold for the couple shots i get. i was told that the draw lock would help in the fact that it holds the bow in a shooting ready possition. are there any draw backs to this
i know in NY i need a medical form to be able to use this and i can get it.. we cant use crossbows because the way i understand the law ,
you can only use a crossbow in NY if .you are quadraplegic. and use a blow tube to release the crossbow.

thanks for any response you may have .

·
Registered
312 Posts
Compounds are not made to be drawed back for long periods of time

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt meen while i was in the stand though . just for target shooting so i could sight in the bow and judge yardage. i am not able to shoot more that a couple times and then relax ,then shoot more because when i have the bow at full draw the muscles start to twitch and i cant keep it drawn long enough to shoot over a period of time . for hunting purpose i would keep it down and when i see the game i would draw the bow this way i would be able to follow the deer or hold on the deer longer to get the shot off. i am sorry i believe i misspoke on what i wanted to use it for .thank you for your respones though.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've shoot one a few years ago on a friends bow, 76 year old, he had a permit to use it, It was simple you just pull it back and it locks on a bar with a trigger release, point and shoot. He uses a cross bow now, Sorry to hear about your neck, Good Luck and strengthen those neck muscles.

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Here you go... This is one of the only companies I know of that produces them. I have helped a few guys get theirs set up this year. One guy had the Draw-Loc added to his bow annd the other guy bought the package bow from Hickory Creek. They mount to the riser on the rest hole and the rest mounts to the Draw-Loc unit. You then use the foot stirrup and screw it into the stabilizer hole and then you step on that and draw the bow until it clicks and it holds all the weight of the bow. Here is the link: http://www.drawloc.com/draw_loc_drawloc_unit_for_compound_bows.htm

I would continue to shoot and see if you can strengthen those muscles but if you are unable to then this might just be what you need.

Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts