Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a few threads on draw noise on the Realm X and was curious if the Realm has the same issues. Man is that Realm X accurate and holds like a rock.

I just notice a subtle 'thunk' about 3/4 through draw. Sound alike coming from limb bolt area.

I will get fixed or play with it tomorrow at dealer but curious if anyone had had same noise issue with the Realm? I've shot the Realm at dealers and didn't notice see issue but did with the Realm X. Love the bow but hope I can resolve the sound and curious if others have had same issue with the Realm.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,341 Posts
I had a click noise and could feel it in the riser, it was the flex guard

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update. It turned out to be the flex guard as bowtech said. Dead silent now after removing and reinstalling. Sweet bow.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Love the bow but that click was driving me crazy. Good to know for future reference and dead silent now:)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly....just screwed it back in and I'm guessing the tension had something to do with it. Still whisper quiet :)

·
RunPumpShoot
119 Posts
My realm x is making a strange popping noise when I draw it back too! I would mess with the flex guard but it has a torque/special screw. What did you use to remove and where did you get it?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
It appears Bowtech doesn't grease anything when they assemble and ship the bows out to dealers.

My Realm X had the same popping noise when drawn and it too was in the flex guard. The dealer I bought it from disassembled the bow completely and greased the limb bolts, limb pockets, rockers and flex guard. It's dead silent now.

·
Registered
693 Posts
T20H Torx bit. I believe I read that screw should be turned in all the way then backed out 1.5 turns.?. I haven’t checked mine yet but it doesn’t make any noise. Just a tiny bit of vibe after the shot. I believe that screw being too loose can cause the vibe..

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you screw it down all the way tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for delay as on the road. I checked and it is fairly tight but I didn't crank on it. Just snug. It worked as still silent but seems to have worked with a little pressure change. Seems like the solution on many of these popping issues has been the flex guard.

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Are these noises on the first draw of a shooting session or every draw of the bow? Thanks

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
I haven’t owned any personally that had the noise but I know a couple that have. Every case so far that I know of was fixed by a touch of grease at the bending point of the flex guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,540 Posts
It appears Bowtech doesn't grease anything when they assemble and ship the bows out to dealers.

My Realm X had the same popping noise when drawn and it too was in the flex guard. The dealer I bought it from disassembled the bow completely and greased the limb bolts, limb pockets, rockers and flex guard. It's dead silent now.
I have seen this and agree this may need to be done to help the bows out! If they are having some noises this definitely helps! Not always necessary!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts