Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use something to practice drawing and releasing a bow string. I've used and old string attached to a bow grip and works ok, but has anyone made something out of an elastic-rubber tubing to actually pull and release. I know Saunders makes them but are a bit pricey. Any other ideas

·
Back Yard Champion
29,781 Posts
Make one. I made a few up by using therabands. Medical stores have them and in different colors for weight. You can build it up for poundage or what you feel is the right holding weight. You can fire your release, but have a wrist string so you won't have to go pick it up. They stretch so get to anchor isn't really a problem.

Fits in the hand very similar to bow grip. Draw, anchor as normal, use whatever method to fire whichever release.

??? Post not too long ago, this person made up similar trainer with something of wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make one. I made a few up by using therabands. Medical stores have them and in different colors for weight. You can build it up for poundage or what you feel is the right holding weight. You can fire your release, but have a wrist string so you won't have to go pick it up. They stretch so get to anchor isn't really a problem.

Fits in the hand very similar to bow grip. Draw, anchor as normal, use whatever method to fire whichever release.

??? Post not too long ago, this person made up similar trainer with something of wall.
Thank you Sonny. I had a band and doubled it up, and attached it to a wooden Mathews grip I had laying around. Works good

·
Slingin' Arrows
1,239 Posts
Bungee cord and a stick? I know people who will also just shoot a close target in their living room or garage for the draw/release practice.

·
Registered
843 Posts
The handle came off an old resistance trainer, the rubber tube and bead stoppers that’s inside the rubber tube are for a spear gun and were bought from a dive shop.

Without the trainer pin.

image.jpg

And with the trainer pin.

image.jpg

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
I want to use something to practice drawing and releasing a bow string. I've used and old string attached to a bow grip and works ok, but has anyone made something out of an elastic-rubber tubing to actually pull and release. I know Saunders makes them but are a bit pricey. Any other ideas
I dont like the stretchy bands becasue you dont have a back wall. If you use the string and grip set to your exact DL then you can get the same feeling of "pulling into the wall".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts