Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Hoyt Turbotec that was given to me. Only problem is that the owner before me had a bad shoulder so the bow only maxes out at 50# draw weight. My question is: can you replace the limbs on this bow that have a higher draw weight and if so where can you find these limbs. It currently has XT2000 limbs with cam and 1/2's on it.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I think you would have to change the limbs and your Local Hoyt dealer could help you out with that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good call Tsmiddy2170. There authorized dealer shops are able to purchase and install these limbs. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Turbotecs were discontinued in 2006.

Actually, you can order limbs for any draw weight you want, 53lbs, 61 lbs, 79lbs.

And Hoyt has piles of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I miss typed there. It's a 2006 the 75th Anniversary one. Do you know of a place to order directly from TMan51?

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Do you know of a place to order directly from TMan51?
To get NEW limbs, you will need to place an order through a Hoyt dealer.

That is actually the best option for a guy with one bow. Some of us, without a life :) have a couple sets of limbs in reserve and more than one bow. Buyin a set on AT is a cheap way to have limbs in reserve.

But when you need really good limbs, buy new, and sell the unneeded limbs on AT to reduce wallet impact.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Orrrr, you can call Hoyt Customer Service and tell them all the details, bow, cams poundage and they will tell you what deflection limbs you currently have and what deflection limbs you need to get the poundage you want. Then, go to AT Classifieds and do a search. XT2000 limbs in varying deflections are common and can be had for much less. You might even want to consider trading or selling your old limbs and then it becomes a break even deal. $125.00 seems to be a common used price here. They are prolly $200 from Hoyt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts