Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know when you have your draw weight set to high?

I was at the range on Sunday and there was a guy there that had a brand new BT Alligence and he looked like he was having a heck of a time drawing it back. I asked him what he had it set at and he said 70#'s, to draw it back he had to point it almost strait up and he looked like he was going to bust some blood vessels in his eyes. He said it was hard to draw it back because he just bought it, and the day before he shot it about 200 times and so now his arms were tired. I didn't want to question his thinking because I am fairly new to archery. We talked for about an hour off and on after I first seen him do that, but didn't say anything to him about it.

What would you guys have done, kept quite and just shake your head each time you saw him draw his bow back, or would you have tried to help and take a chance on pissing him off by telling him you thought he had his draw weight set to high?

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Sounds like he knows it is set too high, so he was making excuses. You might as well just stay clear of him, because the deer sure will :mg: when they see him draw back like that!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts