Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still coming off of bow shoulder injury. When is it time to go up in weight ? I think I went to far to soon! binski

·
Registered
117 Posts
I didnt sleep in a Holiday Inn last night nor am I a doctor in real life but I would say minimum of a couple or three months after the last time you felt pain.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Instead of asking us monkeys you need to talk to your doctor and then your physio.. These rehabs are too important to be asked on an internet forum..

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Agree with other posters, what kind of injury?, what kind of pain?....anything more than minor it is time for a doctor and /or physical therapist. Also age is a big factor-- what heals in one day at 25 yrs takes a week at 50 and forever at 70... Work with a doctor and a PT but most of all let your shoulder tell you when to quit and don't argue with it... you will lose.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
If you "think" you went too far too soon, you probably did. My buddy had rotator cuff surgery; Dr. had him start at 10#'s and work up two to three #'s at a time over a period of several months until he reached hunting weight of about 42#'s. He did it right an is okay now.

Reactions: vincenthanna
1 - 5 of 5 Posts