Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Drenalin LD 70 lbs 30 in draw w/ G5 peep string loop and some kind of string silencers. I'm not sure what kind of silencers they are but they look like small diamonds and made of the same thing as the Sims stuff.

Short of putting on an STS type of product what is everybody using to get rid of the bad string noise and vibe? Is or does anyone else think their LDs have alot of string noise? Just wanted some opinions before I started to find out what works.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
try the Sim's string leeches. those seem to work pretty good on my switchback. we will see if my LD needs them when it gets here. otherwise like the other post said a heavier arrow works pretty good.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i also don't think that they are that loud. i shot one that only had a rest and a stabilizer on it and it did not seem bad at all.

anyway if somebody could chime in about an sts on and LD that would be cool to know if they help seeing how i have one coming. :wink:

·
Registered
569 Posts
i also don't think that they are that loud. i shot one that only had a rest and a stabilizer on it and it did not seem bad at all.

anyway if somebody could chime in about an sts on and LD that would be cool to know if they help seeing how i have one coming. :wink:
My buddy has an LD ( my favorite bow I have ever shot BTW) and he has an sts on it....I just bought a mission and because of his LD I am putting one on the mission. I would say it will be beneficial.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I have had a heck of a time getting my LD quietened down.........but it's finally there. Keep in mind that mine is max drawlength. But an STS type device (I use the rattler) was imperative in making it quieter and deader. And I have Sims pads everywhere you look. On the rest, on the sight, dampeners on the limbdriver cord.......everywhere. And now it's quiet AND dead. A pleasure to shoot.........except for the grip.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doinker with cat whiskers and a heavy arrow....Will do the job , when all else fails..:wink:
I'm shooting an Easton FMJ at about 500 gr. w/a 14oz B-Stinger. I'll probably try the string leeches or cat wiskers.

how far away from the stock dampners is everyone putting the string silencers?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had a heck of a time getting my LD quietened down.........but it's finally there. Keep in mind that mine is max drawlength. But an STS type device (I use the rattler) was imperative in making it quieter and deader. And I have Sims pads everywhere you look. On the rest, on the sight, dampeners on the limbdriver cord.......everywhere. And now it's quiet AND dead. A pleasure to shoot.........except for the grip.
I'm both sorry and glad about your LD having noise problems. I was thinking I had one of THE bows and nobody else has any problems.

I also have a limbdriver but I invested in a torqueless grip.... well worth 54 dollars...

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was listening to a LD, while the owner was shooting spots, and thought, 'MAN, that thing is quiet.' When I started shooting my LD, I thought, 'This thing is making lots of noise' . . . so I put an STS on it. It quieted down a bit, but I thought it was still making more noise then it should. While shooting the Cabin Fever shoot (Redding), several archers came up to me and said, 'You can't even hear that bow when it goes off.' Hmmm . . . guess it's all where your standing and your prespective.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts