Archery Talk Forum banner

Drenalin limbs

1502 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  duckmaster46975
I just got off the phone with a buddy, who just noticed that BOTH of his limbs on his drenalin were cracked on the inside of the limb. He did not hear anything while shooting the bow, he just noticed it while cleaning the bow after a morning turkey hunt.

I have had a ton of Mathews bows and only one limb failure, on an LX. This is his second Mathews and he has busted limbs on each, which has him discouraged.

How common are limb failures with Mathews bows? No bashing, only people with real experience please. I have never noticed many threads on here about the issue, so I figure that it can't be that common. I guess he just has bad luck, and I think he shoots an arrow a bit on the light side, right at 355 grains from his 29" and 72 pound draw...

Again, Mathews makes great bows, my personal favorites. But I am curious to see if anyone else has much to say on the subject.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
736 Posts
Being around archery my whole life I can only recall a few instances where mathews limbs failed. Some due to dry fire others due to shooting a light arrow but again its rare i seen or heard of it. Man made materials fail at some point though no matter what the name on the limbs may be.

· Registered
182 Posts
I just got off the phone with a buddy, who just noticed that BOTH of his limbs on his drenalin were cracked on the inside of the limb. He did not hear anything while shooting the bow, he just noticed it while cleaning the bow after a morning turkey hunt.

I have had a ton of Mathews bows and only one limb failure, on an LX. This is his second Mathews and he has busted limbs on each, which has him discouraged.

How common are limb failures with Mathews bows? No bashing, only people with real experience please. I have never noticed many threads on here about the issue, so I figure that it can't be that common. I guess he just has bad luck, and I think he shoots an arrow a bit on the light side, right at 355 grains from his 29" and 72 pound draw...

Again, Mathews makes great bows, my personal favorites. But I am curious to see if anyone else has much to say on the subject.
I own a Drenalin and I know a ton of people with them and my guess is that it has been pressed in the wrong kind of press. All Mathews bows have good limbs but the new slim limbs dont take well to being pressed in the old single action type presses (like the old apples that pull down the riser instead of flexing the limb tips). If it was just one limb it would probably be a limb problem but because both limbs have a problem I think it would have to be the press. Mathews are a great company and I know of a lot of people that have got replacement limbs even though they were pressed wrong. Give Mathews a call and see what they say about warranty and what ever you do dont press it in an old press if you have to buy a cheap portable bow press and do all your work with that and watch what pro shop you take it too as a lot of them dont know what they are doing. It is also a good idea to drop your poundage from Maximum to Minimum before you press a bow as well (I know a lot of pro shops dont) but most manufacturers recomend it.

· State With Little Bucks
12,122 Posts

That right there probably the trouble 5grs under.He needs a 360grs arrow.
Or like Fullboar said pressed wrong.

· Registered
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that you guys mention the press I think that could be the issue. There is an old shop near my buddie's house where he had to get some emergency peep work done, and that guy has an old press that I know for a fact has damaged limbs on a Hoyt Trykon bow. I am betting that is the issue.

· Registered
759 Posts
Limb Failure?

Having had the privilege of being on the Mathews Pro staff 13 years and owning more than 50 Mathews over the years, and probably shooting more arrows than most people, due to my participation in tournaments year round, I have had one ( 1 ) limb failure, I would say that's a pretty great record! I also did away with my apple press and now have the greatest press on the market. IMHO, the new EZ press.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.