Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have not shot either-dont even know if i spelled them correctly-in the market for a new bow -i would have to travel to test-in the meantime would like some feedback on these 2 bows, bowhunting ,3d and a little indoor. thanks!

·
Registered
28,220 Posts
Drenalins are great bows, I've had several. Never shot the guardian but I've seen others shoot them and they are wisper quiet and I've heard very accurate. I think it comes down to whether you want a two cam or single.

One thing I reall don't like on a bow is two draw stops, like the guardian has. I've also been told, as is the case with most bowtechs, the vally is pretty much nothing. Creep one ounce and it's gone. Thats one thing the drenalin will have on the guardian and the speed will be about the same.

I know you said you would have to travel to shoot these bows but really I think it's be worth the trip. Nothing better than seeing for yourself.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Drenalins are great bows, I've had several. Never shot the guardian but I've seen others shoot them and they are wisper quiet and I've heard very accurate. I think it comes down to whether you want a two cam or single.

One thing I reall don't like on a bow is two draw stops, like the guardian has. I've also been told, as is the case with most bowtechs, the vally is pretty much nothing. Creep one ounce and it's gone. Thats one thing the drenalin will have on the guardian and the speed will be about the same.

I know you said you would have to travel to shoot these bows but really I think it's be worth the trip. Nothing better than seeing for yourself.
"Creep one ounce and it's gone."

If the Guardian is in sync, there is plenty of valley. Both of mine have a nice valley and my hunting bow has just a bit longer draw for me so I bought a one piece grip for it. This cured my "relaxing" at full draw that I'd catch myself doing, coming off the wall but the bow didn't "want to take off" on me.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
Own a Drenalin, and shot my buddies Guardian. I like them both. They just have a different feel. Personal taste should dictate which you choose. I'd say the Guardian is a few feet/sec faster.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I hunt, shoot spots, and 3-d with my Guardian and love it. The Commander is a little longer ATA but it didn't make a difference for me. I don't think there's a better bow out there than the Guardian, as good, yes, better no. I shot the Swithback and the DXT but not the Drenalin, I personally didn't like the bows, especially the dxt. I'm not a fan of sigle cams but you don't have to worry about the valley on the Guardian either, I never have a problem with mine creeping. Good luck, you're better off trying them both.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
bows

I have own the dren and the guardian they are good bows about the same in speed. the dren is lighter, the guardian is quiter less shock than the dren, all in all I would say that you need to shoot them both and then make your choice.

·
Registered
172 Posts
A freind that I elk hunt with narrowed his search down to these two same bows last summer. He ended up going with the Guardian based on it's, grip, lack of recoil, smoothness, and overall feel. I have shot his Guardian quite a few times and really like it. Great bow for hunting. He has been happy with his decision. Both are top quality products IMO.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
ive owned a drenalin and shot the guardian several times. the drenalin is 10x the bow, IMO. i hate the draw cycle on the guardian. drenalin is smooth as butter. drenalin is lighter and easier for me to hold on target.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.