Archery Talk Forum banner

Dress Code Violation?

2937 33
I have a spike/studded belt . Will I be allowed to attend an NAA event with this belt.:confused:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,764 Posts
dead-x-man;

Depends on who is running the event. If it was a local FITA they might let it go, if it was a national FITA they might scrutinize. I am betting no, although there is no specific rule in place, it might be viewed as being a (potential) weapon and disallowed. You could take the NAA regs and FITA rulebook and argue it during the equipment check, but it may just make a judge grumpy.

-CG

G

·
right...

...the "belt" is a potential weapon...while the "bow" is not...:rolleyes: ...but I'm sure they won't mind the earing in your eyebrow, the stud in your tounge or the spiked flaming orange hairdo!!...lol...

...NAA and FITA...I want some of that!!...

· Registered
2,764 Posts
DONDEERE;

The bow is equipment required for the sport. If someone showed up with a "decorative" machete hanging off their belt that is obviously not required equipment for the sport of archery. The same with the belt, it may be considered a potential weapon and it is not required equipment for the sport of archery. All depends on what the judge that day thinks, or if the issue is pressed whether the NAA/FITA writes a rule specifically addressing the issue.

-CG

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Just wear your belt inside-out and they'll never notice, and it will continue to bring you good luck.

But if you waive it in their faces, they might give you a hard time, and even if you win the argument, that could hurt your mental outlook... you're there to win the match, not to look beautiful, right? :)

I don't know about the letter of the law, but the "spirit" is extremely clear: They want you to look like a WASP from Connecticut, and not a Goth.

kgk

· Member # 75
3,501 Posts
Wear the belt and if the pantywaisted tea sipping white wearing softies don't like it, so what!

Weapon??? When did Sarah Brady, Hillary Clinton, Charles Schummer, Diane Feinstein, and others get in here anyway?

· Registered
1,006 Posts
if i take my belt with the big old rodeo style buckel on it off that is a weapon.

for sure there is going to be a judge somewhere that isn't going to like it and object. and that is another reason why archery will never be #1.

people want to be indviduals and they should be. he11 look at some of the colors on bows. they aren't all blue, guess they can't shoot at my house.

i think the belt is great if you like it. wear it that is the only way things will change... my.02 :)

now my wifes .02 that if it is an naa event it is representive of the USA and therefore more respect should be shown by conforming to a fairly strict dress code. so her vote; wear it before and after the shoot.

she has made 8 world teams so i guess she has her right to an opionion.

:)

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Prolly cuz' he, or someone bought it for him! LOL I wouldn't wear it if I were you, but it may just be because it's not quite my style...........do whatever you want, but you may be told to take it off.......I dunno.

· Member # 75
3,501 Posts
What is the probleml? They look like good kids to me and I would be happy to have them on any shooting line anywhere.

Clothing styles have progressed far beyone the NAA/FITA white uniform days (although still thrust upon us) and the PAA slacks bunched around the ankles code.

It is amazing that there are people still clinging to the perception that insipid dress codes make the sport.

Clean non-ragged clothes of any style show the sport to be for all participants, which is as it should be.

In my opinion, the dress code zealots are phonies.

· Registered
72 Posts
You're 100% CORRECT Jim!

They are Both great kids!

My daughter says she gets her "Outside of the Box" attributes from me!

Although I'm about as conservative as you can be, I've always encouraged her to be her own person, and don't let anyone or anything stop her from reaching her goals..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.