Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can one of these be drilled out for a larger diameter? For some reason I'm having the thought that magnesium can't be machined as easily as other metals.

I've got the 3/16" peep and need it just a hair wider for my pin guard. Thoughts?

·
The Godfather
7,295 Posts
If you drill out the peep you take away what it was designed to do. The peep was made with a radias that allows it to rotate with out changing view and impact point. Magnesium actually drills and machines real easy if this is what you want to do but for what they cost I would just change to a larger peep

·
Registered
685 Posts
magnesium

One problem you can have is if the bit is dull it can cause a firre if it gets the magnesium too hot (rare i f you use a lube ) but if you drill it then the hard anodizing is gone and it can shine more.
If you want a bigger peep order one and sell the one you have.
Heck I am thinking of getting a meta peep,, just gotta figure out what size I have on my bow.
you should see the outer ring of your sight in the peep, one thing I have found with many people is that they use a kisser and it doesnt allow them to see the ring. My dealer got me into anchoring to tip of my nose and whe ni did that on my Parker I was getting the kisser driven painfuly into corner of my mouth. No kisser=happy, now.
Good Luck and Good Shooting.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, yeah. Ordering another one is the best option. Just thought I'd ask and see what came back.

My SH has the larger 2 3/8" pin guard and I can just barely see it within the peep. Enough so I know its there but not enough to truly center things up. I've been anchoring with the string on the tip of my nose, working on consistent form, etc. This little detail is hanging me up. Guess I'll PM Dan.

·
registered archer
3,250 Posts
ill send u a fletcher tru peep for 5 bucks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Just ordered another from meanv. I went from a 1/8" Fletcher to the 3/16" G5. Now going to the 1/4" G5. I'll save the others for my sons when I get home. May need to tweak their bows similarly.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,203 Posts
I have a G5 in the 1/4" size, you will be very happy with it, awesome peep!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts