Archery Talk Forum banner

Drinking and Hunting?

3K views 50 replies 26 participants last post by  JAVI 
#1 ·
Do any of you drink while you hunt? I did for years and decided that is the reason why I did miss so any deer but I was always safe with it. Like never climbing down a tree stand after drinking a 5th. and never shooting at anything that i did not recognize. Some of you will lie about this one..... :p

#3 ·
I drink either water or Mt. Dew when I'm on stand. If I find out any of my hunting partners have been drinking the "high octane" stuff while hunting, I don't hunt with them anymore, period.

Whiskey and weapons are best kept seperated.

Ray C.

P.S. Just what the Anti's need to video, an inebriated "Bubba" hunter.

#5 ·
Oddly enough I quit drinking when I turned 21!!:confused: .I drink water while on the stand,but when I feel really crazy I'll drink a soda...:D

Olddog,how do ya get out of the stand after a 5th?Or Do you just stay up there till the next day to beat the crowd....:D

#6 ·
To be truthful, I never mix hunting with liquid courage. I tend to joke about it and I don't hunt with the drinkers. At the camp, anything goes. In the field, it is straight hunting.

#8 ·
5th is nothing I can still shoot stright after a 5th and no one at our camp will come into my hunting area.........don't know why??:D

#13 ·
Hunt naked and see less game..........or as Arkie would put it hunt naked and see more game...........Kildog when he gets to deer camp I think we can change his mind on this dam$ hunting naked thing...........what do you think?:D

#19 ·
sadly enough...I'm not going to be able to afford that this time around.....I have depleted my reserve funds during my extended injury! Going have to be content to hunt close this year....but hey you come hunt with us...we might even run across an arkansas bear...he shows up in our every third year and this is the third year!

#23 ·
(quote)Jimbo from southpark

"Huntin sober is like, fishin.......................sober"

All joking aside, The only time I tipped a few back is when I decided to go out opening weekend of muzzleloader. It was a zoo, so I decided to quit for the day. So technically I haven't drank while huntin.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.