Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is anyone using to keep gravel drives groomed? Mine is 3/4 mile long and I need something to control the crown and keep potholes at bay. I have two 45 hp tractors with 3 point hitches that I can use. I currently am using a 7 ft back blade. Thanks Shep

·
Registered
500 Posts
I will 2nd the DR.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I use a set of drags on the driveway as well as the path around the back of the barn. This will loosen up the gravel same as your road crews do when they grade your road. After you can use the scraper to level or fill in the pot holes

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
2nd the BoxBlade
for a drag you can use an old I beam , weld a eye on each end chain one shorter than the other drag keeping the long side towards the middle of the road. mine is 8"x 1/2" I beam 12' long, it works great for leveling big areas.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Talk to your road commissioner. He may have a road groomer if you have gravel roads in his township. He may just let you borrow it. My grandpas commissioner would even drop it off in first thing morning and retrieve it in the afternoon when his day was done

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lane work

Thanks for all the suggestions, I found a land leveler that has teeth in the front and two blades in the back. I might give one a try. Our township has a raod groomer but won't let me use it because my lane is a private drive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
land leveler pic

Here is a pic of the land leveler by Lowrey.

Hope this link works.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pic

Hey the picture went right in. These are only about 600 dollars for a 7 footer, what do you guys think.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Truthfully, I don't see why you would need to spent the $$. As long as you have plenty of gravel, you should be able to take your blade and pull them all in toward the middle in two passes. Then make another pass (or two) with the blade to smooth out. Either way is not going to be a perminant fix with gravel on dirt, this is why I would try to save the money. jmo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts