Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Z7 after I was in an ATV crash that thrashed my Switchback XT. And on my XT I was shooting a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. I liked the D.Z. because it allowed me to shoot shorter arrows ( I have a 30" draw length ) and had built in H.D. which made for a fairly quite rest. The only problem was that the D.Z. touched the roller guard when it was properly tuned. I don't want this problem again so I'm seeking any adviced I can get from Z7 owners and/or pro shops out there. What Drop Away Arrow Rest is best suited for the Z7, the best bow on the market?

·
Registered
21,475 Posts
Limb Driver or the Down Force

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I went withe the Down Force. I had the same problem with my Switchback and Drop Zone. My new Z7 is just as quiet as the 05 Switchback, but much faster.

·
Registered
858 Posts
QAD, full containment-----in Lost Camo! Quiet and works great.....Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ripcord for z7

Just bought the z7 and love it but moved my rest from other bow, its a RipCord and was working great but now on the Z7 the arrow fletching is just hitting it as its not falling away fast enough. I found a video on line of someone proving the RipCord drops fast enough on the z7 but that's not what I'm seeing. Anyone using the RipCord? Probably going to switch to the QAD

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I was using a QAD HD rest before it finally broke internally, since then I made the switch top a Ripcord Code Red on my Z7 and I've had excellent results! I really do think the Ripcord is the better made rest and it has ALL metal internal parts! :shade:

·
Registered
788 Posts
QAD on Z7

QAD HD works great on my Z7.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Downforce- first choice
QAD- second choice

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just bought the z7 and love it but moved my rest from other bow, its a RipCord and was working great but now on the Z7 the arrow fletching is just hitting it as its not falling away fast enough. I found a video on line of someone proving the RipCord drops fast enough on the z7 but that's not what I'm seeing. Anyone using the RipCord? Probably going to switch to the QAD

Chances are if you are getting fletching contact on a Brand Nerw bow, your strings and cables have stretched. This affects the timing. Reset your timeing so that when the launcher is in the locked up position and you come to a full draw and slowly start to let down, as soon as your downward buss cable starts to move the launcher drops.

Since the Ripcord is a very simple mechanical rest with no majick inertia to mess with, there is no bow out there that the Ripcord is not "fast enough" for. If you think it is slow, you have it set up wrong!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts