Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a qad ultra hdx drop away tonight on my rampage. The cord rubs against the riser at full draw. It does not stretch tight in a straight line at full draw. Will this affect performance of the rest? Certainly I am not the only one this has happened to?

To be honest, I am not certain that the rest is well suited to the size and shape of the riser. The rest was too pricey to just make due with the situation. I will return it before limping along with it if it is to become a problem.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I have the Fuse version of the qad on my Rampage and it works great! the fuse version comes with a spacer for the rest. Maybe you need that not sure. I hope you get it figured out though It's a great combo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a QAD HDX on my turbo, and the string also rubs on the riser. No worries tho, I just put a little sticky felt on the riser where it makes contact to help with wear and tear. If the rest is installed correctly it's a non-issue. If it shoots good and you can't tell there's any obvious fletching contact, then shoot it till the strings can't take anymore, throw some new ones on and repeat!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked on the qad site. It appears as if they make a rest specifically for Hoyt bows. Guess ill be returning it and starting over.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ripcord red all the way my wife has one on her rampage xt and i have one on my vector 35 they are great all metal parts unlike qad is half metal and half plastic and the ripcord has a lifetime warranty

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to the range today. It seems to be functioning properly. I can't say that it has improved my bows performance though, and I kind of expected it to. But given that i havent shot it in five months i hesitate tomsay that todays lackluster performance is the rests fault.

I had been shooting a whisker biscuit before. It does paper tune easier though. I could never get it right with a whisker biscuit.

I will take it to a proshop and have the installation looked over I think.

·
Registered
722 Posts
You need the spacer block installed if your getting string contact. Did this with my CE and it works flawlessly.

·
Registered
722 Posts
They shld come in the package. But if u don't have one u can email qad and they shld send u one for free. They did for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found it in the packaging. Unfortunately the spacer does not change the positioning of the part that the cord attaches to, so it still does not clear the brace.

·
Registered
722 Posts
then you may want to reposition where the cord attaches to the cable, i had an rxt and had no issues with cord rub.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts