Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about had it with the new NAP 2000 drop away on my TEC riser. I cannot get my vanes to stop hitting the cables b/c of the back part of the riser. I am thinking of switching to a TT Shaky Hunter, a Zero Effect, or a QAD Ultra Rest Fall Away. Will all of these work with the TEC and which would you recommend and why. Thanks for your help. I am running out of time.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Hh

The rests you mentioned are good rest. But the Nap 2000 should work on your Tec riser also.
Please explain a little more about whats going on, there are alot of people here that can help.
I can't figure what the back part of the riser has to do with the cables??
Do you have the rubber arrow holder on the riser shelf? What Hoyt are you putting it on.
Have you powder tested it? Please give more info and maybe someone can help. WR

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I've seen this problem on several friends bows with the Tec riser. The cable leading from the rest lever to the cable guide rubs on the riser. One soultion has been to route the rest cable on the other side of the riser.

I think this is a stop gap at best. My suggestion is to buy a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and be done with it. The best rest I've ever had.... well at least since my index finger on my first bow....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WR,

I posted the details of the problem on the sight yesterday. I only got a couple of responses, but they did help. You can find my original post on page two. "NAP 2000 & TEC"

The cable on the rest comes back to the cables on the bow, but they have to go around the bowed back part of the TEC riser (Cybertech 03). I don't know how else to explain it. I cannot move anything to get it to clear and shoot right. I can tell that my fletching is hitting this cable b/c the cable is pushed into the way by the riser. My fletching is leaving marks on the cable. I have tried turning my nocks, but this just causes the fletching to hit the up forks on the rest itself. I certainly am not an expert on setting up and tuning bows, but I am fairly competent. I just don't see any solution. The only thing that might work is to tie the cable from the rest into the down cable itself instead of the slide. I went to NAP website but did not see any place where I could ask some questions for help. I also have found that one of the covers over one of the forks is cracked in the back. I have only shot the thing 50 times or so. I have always thought NAP made good stuff, but I have been disappointed in this rest so far.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
I had the same problem with a NAP 2000. I fixed it by going with a GKF Infiniti. Never had that problem since:D Drop aways do have their benefits, but in my opinion, the pro's don't out-weigh the con's.

·
74,535 Posts
Trophy Taker simple works great.

You might have to trim shakey arm on tec risor from some post I have seen. But most here dont fond that a promblem. My hunting partner ewc2000 has one on his hunting bow. Works for him. Simple, tough, easy to tune is the trouphy taker. Sometimes less is more and is a good thing. Trophy Taker was built by hunters for hunters but competion shooters realized this rest is also very accurate. I will shoot nothing else.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I do go with a TT, would I order the short arm or the long arm model? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Hh

I found your original post after I posted to this one.
I read somewhere where they changed the angle of the lift arm and used a rope to the down cable on the Nap 2000 rest and and solved this problem.
Some Tec risers seem to have the problem and some don't, I figure it's the way the cable is attached to the slide, some twist towards the riser.
If you change it out and want to stay with a drop away... the Trophy Taker is hard to beat. WR

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more question please: How do you silence the TT? I am very picky about stealth and just do not see any good way of keeping metal off of carbon on that rest. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
NAP rests are good rests, their dropaway just plain don't work well on a Hoyt Tec riser. You can fiddle and get it to shoot, but it still isn't right.

I went to the Shakey hunter and I love it simple, quite, and durable. I'm sure there are others just as good... but I don't need to try to find them.... My TT works great.

Moleskin on the prongs....cheap and effective...

·
74,535 Posts
Moleskin attached to arm works for some

I just use electrical tape. Works great for me for hunting.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the Quik Tune on my MT Sport and my buddy has a QT 2k on his Razortec. The rest is working well w/ both bows.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Take a look at the new TKO it isa lot more rest at 1/3rd of the cost as other rest without having to modify the rest to get it to work.

also another little trick i have found that works very well to quieten the rest on the draw is to apply clear nail polish to the prongs, and batta bing batta bow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
if it was me, i would eliminate the cable to the slide and just atach a rope from the rest to the downward moving cable similar to other drop away rest designs. i have done that on a few Hoyts i have set up and it works fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts