Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good drop away rest for hunting? I just put a NAP Quiktune Drop Away 2000 on my bow a few months a go. It works fine but I just went to a local shop and shot the owners bow with a QAD Ultra Rest. I realy liked the way it worked. What kind of rest are good for hunting?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
That is a good one for sure. You will get different opinions from different people because that is what they shoot. I personally shoot the QAD Ultra Rest because it "Contains" the arrow when in the cocked position and will always be in the ready to shoot position when you are ready to fire that bullet.
Go under Reviews at the top of the page and look under rests and you will see a lot of rests in their with really good reviews but most dont have negative reviews.
If going with the Ultra Rest, spend the extra $10 and get the LD model. Makes a difference with problems with bounce back from the paddle and keeps it from bouncing back up and catching a vane on pass by from your arrow.
Shoot a couple different ones and see what one you like best. I just like the "Containment" feature and that is why I went with them. You never know what angle you are going to have to shoot your bow from.

·
Registered
302 Posts
qad ultra
i shoot the hunter version cause im broke

·
Registered
998 Posts
If the bow you are shooting is a Mathews, I highly recommend a NAP RG 2000.
Especially made for bows with roller guards. Works great.....

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,037 Posts
1 vote for Ripcord

I love my Ripcord, it's similar to the QAD.:wink:

·
Banned
738 Posts
!

the one you have should work fine,why dont you try it this season,isnt that what you got for in the first place...................:darkbeer:

·
Registered
19 Posts
rests

ultra is a fine rest, but try different ones and pick one that you like and afford to many out there to pick try different ones then decide

1 - 9 of 9 Posts