Archery Talk Forum banner

Drop away rest question....

1754 Views 27 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Hilltop
I am looking to buy a new drop away rest for my Drenalin.... I just wanted to hear some opinions on which rest I should buy.... What rest in your opinion is the most dependable? I will be using mostly for hunting and occasional 3D shoots... Thanks in advance :)
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
47,636 Posts
Never tried a LD, but may someday....if can wear out the rests I aready have. :lol:

I've got a HHA, for example, that's been on 4 bows (maybe 5) since 2000 and has been easy to use on them all (even TEC risers), absolutely flawless, easy to adjust while tuning and has only been cleaned and lubed once two years ago.

I wouldn't hesitate a second on getting another.

I've also had great results with a TT dropaway. The NAPs I've used are perfectly functional, too, but I don't like the way they adjust during tuning.

· Registered
3,588 Posts
Ld

+2 on the LD

· Registered
5,381 Posts
QAD pro LD. Simple to install and has all the features you could hope for. Installed mine 2 days ago and have no clearance issues right off the bat shooting blazer vanes.

· Registered
552 Posts
I have recently started using the PSE Phantom and really like this rest. It can be used as a blade launcher as well so its almost like a 2 for 1.

· Registered
154 Posts
I just put a QAD HD pro on my new DXT. It was a piece of cake to set up and works great. The thing I like about it more than the Limbdriver is that it a full containment rest. Flip up the launcher and your good to go, if you have to let down on an animal it will not drop down, it will only drop when fired.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Question

You guys are awesome, I appreciate all the input! One quick question... If you shoot the full containment rest, is there any way you can secure the top containment bar while shooting 3D or does it set when you draw back along with the rest? Might be a dumb question?

· Registered
5,381 Posts
You guys are awesome, I appreciate all the input! One quick question... If you shoot the full containment rest, is there any way you can secure the top containment bar while shooting 3D or does it set when you draw back along with the rest? Might be a dumb question?
The top bar is fixed, it doesn't move at any point during the draw or shot. With the QAD, you nock an arrow, then flip the rest up to 80 degrees with the thumbwheel. Your arrow is now contained. When you draw back the last inch of your draw will pull the rest up to the full 90 degree point. Now if you let down slow it will go back to 80 degrees, but if you shoot it will fall away. Again, the top bar stays right where it is.

Here is a video of it in action: http://www.qadinc.com/c-5-.aspx

· I am the Tin Man!
2,985 Posts
I loves me the ripcord.

· Registered
5,381 Posts
What is the difference between the LD and HD?
The LD has a lockdown feature. It makes sure that the rest won't bounce up off the shelf and hit the arrow as it flies through. I don't really know why they make one without this feature since it seems pretty important. The HD includes a 'harmonic dampener'. It's supposed to be more quiet. I've only shot the LD pro, but I don't see a need for it to be more quiet IMO.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
+3 for the Limb Driver!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.