Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the whisker biscuit contacts the arrow the whole length of travel until it passes through. Does it really make a difference with performance/speed compared to the drop aways. I know it will slow it down a bit but in the big scheme of things does it really make a difference with how fast the modern bows are shooting? I like the idea of the whisker biscuit that I never have to worry about mechanical failures or arrows not seating on the rest as it should. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I'm not a fan of a biscuit....anything that contacts the fletching of a arrow has to have effect on accuracy..true you don't have and mechanical issues...but I have used a qad hdx with a ton of shots on it without a failure also...what happens if the bristles on a biscuit get wet when it's freezing cold?....and there is no way a arrow won't seat on a drop away same as a biscuit

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It's whatever you like. Both have pro's and con's. My drop away failed once, When I was showing it off.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
When I up graded to my 2014 Elite Energy 35 from a mid 1980's Champion compound bow, I
discovered lots of changes in bow design, accessories etc. I did a lot of research, thanks to the
internet being able to review products and reading what various forum members used and their
reviews. I chose the QAD HDX drop away. Since installing the rest I have shot well over 27,000
shots with no problems what so ever. I have been very happy with it. I do a lot of target shooting.
All the best in what ever you choose.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I used a Whisker Biscuit for awhile. I didn't like how it wore on the vanes, though. Not a big deal, but I do like how the arrow "cleanly' leaves the bow with my QAD rest.

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
the speed from the arrow wears down the wb thus causing the arrow not to fit right either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys...I am kind of like easterbunny was before he bought his new bow. I have shot the same old high country for years. I have saved some money and going to purchase a Mathews. I have been out of the game for years when it comes in what the "best" is or how things have changed. I have always shot a whisker biscuit. However, being able to purchase a new bow I feel like I need to upgrade my accessories as well. It seems like it always comes down to how much money you want to spend. I don't mind spending a little extra if it's going to last but we all know things are not made very well these days and I hate to just throw away money.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Both have pros and cons. You have to choose what you like. This subject has been debated to death. There is no better stupid proof rest than the whisker biscuit. It is the most dependable rest out there for a hunting situation. BUT--the con is that it makes contact with the arrow the entire time the arrow is being released. If you do not have the greatest form or do not follow through at the shot it can severely hamper your accuracy as it is not the most forgiving rest out there. Drop-aways on the other hand are more forgiving, but do not keep the arrow in place like a whisker biscuit. Do your self a favor and get a QAD HDX and just call it good.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you think a frozen whisker biscuit is an issue, you're hunting in the north pole or something. Personally, I won't hunt below freezing in the rain but that's just me. I'm accurate out to 70 yards with my biscuit and I never have to worry about ANYTHING. I lose about 3-4 fps and that's it. Full containment, no mechanicals to worry about, and no failures. Only reason I would ever switch to a fall away would be to shoot fobs. Don't fix what isn't broken. There's been plenty of documented articles showing the only trade off is a few fps. Do the research.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts