Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get new strings on my bow today. While I was there I was going to get a drop away rest. I was leaning toward the QAD ultrarest, but my shop doesn't carry them. All they carry are trophy taker and trophy ridge. any suggestions it will be going on a 03 Diamond Machete shooting gold tip xt hunter and cx300 with 100 grain montec broadheads. thanks

·
32,710 Posts
wildturk said:
I am going to get new strings on my bow today. While I was there I was going to get a drop away rest. I was leaning toward the QAD ultrarest, but my shop doesn't carry them. All they carry are trophy taker and trophy ridge. any suggestions it will be going on a 03 Diamond Machete shooting gold tip xt hunter and cx300 with 100 grain montec broadheads. thanks
What are you going to use the fall-a-way mostly for? If hunting, then go with the TT or order a QAD. Since your using broadheads I think hunting is your main purpose here. Go with one of the two mentioned.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Qad

If your main thing is hunting, then I would go with the QAD. You get full containment with this rest and it is very quiet and easy to set up.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys, the rest will be used mostly for hunting purposes

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
For hunting I find the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone hard to beat. Very stable and keeps the arrow from fishtailing by maintaing as much contact as possible while dropping away in time for complete fletching clearence.

I listend to the TR users on this site and got one myself. Very happy with it!

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
Make sure he doesn't have the GKF TKO. It's a great drop away and can be shot in 3 different modes. Drop, launcher, and prong. It sell for around $50.00 also. :wink:

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
My top 2 choices would be the Ripcord dropaway or Trophy Taker Shaky hunter. Both great rests. This is my first year using the Ripcord and I love the idea of the total arrow containment and dropaway. Very smooth and quiet as well, and comes with a clip to attach to the downward cable. No need for serving in or splitting the cable.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Trophy Taker

Go with the Trophy Taker :teeth: I use NAP QT 4000's,but if I had to do it all over again it's Trophy Taker's for sure!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trap Door

I use the Trap Door Pro-Select Arrow Rest and it works great for me. It's so simple to use because it doesn't use a string attached to your cables to drop it. It uses the vibrations from your string to drop the rest. After it has fallen, you just push it back up to reset it. I spent $100 on this rest and I love it. - Wichy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts