Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drop away rest are all the rage at 3D,but are they best for hunting applications. I bought the Quick tune drop away for a bow I ordered.I have had good luck with the traditional type Quiktune,but just monkeying around with the NAP drop away,it seems noisy when the cable releases when shot. That is the arrow rest bar hitting on the bolt and stop,I know the rest is supposed to drop on the rubber arrow holder to be stuck on the arrow shelf,does that quiet it the rest?

·
74,535 Posts
Hunt with nothing else.

I will have my Trophy Taker tuned and ready opening day. There great for broadhead flight.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think it depends on what fall-away rest. I am using the GK Mirage and its great for hunting because it has a scoop that holds the arrow perfectly when not a draw. I dont see any reasons why not to use them.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Muzzy Zero Effect

On both my hunting bows. Very quiet, easy to setup and very solid. I can continue my Turbo Nock experiment or shoot my 4 fletch vaned arrows with no clearance worries at all.

I believe I could do just fine in 3D w/o my drop away setup, but I find the ZE a really superior hunting rest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts