Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read up a little bit on this site and this forum and im looking into buying a drop away rest, the ripcord. I currently own a whisker biscuit and I love the way it holds my arrows, but hate the way it tears up the fletchings, I just cant afford it. So I wasent sure if anybody has had any good/bad experiences with the ripcord. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have looked at the Ripcord, but I like the QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD. It has a couple of additional features.

There is a lot of good product out there, you will just have to decide which one meets your particular needs.

Answer a few questions.

Primarily for hunting or target?

Full Containment or not?

Do you still want containment if you have to let down from full draw?

How much can you spend?

Does the rest set up well on the bow you are planning to use?

Will you need a bowpress in order to set it up?

Many people end up getting what their Pro Shop recommends, and thats not a bad idea, since your pro will be able to provide assistance.

If you are going to get it at a retail outlet or catalog, then customer support may be a big concern.

These are a few things to look at. Folks on here are pretty helpful, so I'm sure you'll get some more good input.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
if you like the wisker, buy a bitz jig and a pack of blazer vanes.....if a drop away is the only way to go, i use a trophy taker and i think its the best out their.

·
Registered
13 Posts
trapdoor

bowhunter i have the black gold trapdoor on my matthews lx no string silencers just barebow rest works off the inertia of the bow being shot, very easy setup, tightened up groups considerably, may noy be for eveyone i sure do like them.:) :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
ripcord

Hey bowhunter2007, I am using the ripcord rest. I have had it on my Scepter III for over a year with no problems. The only thing I did different was to serve the cord into the cable instead of using the football. Very accurate and consistent. Good luck with your decision.
Carroll :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I am a fan of and shoot a Drop Zone, if you like the containment RAM has an arrow holder out that "grips" the arrow until the rest raises it up.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I would like to say THANK YOU to everybody and their opinions, bullethole, thanks for introducing me to my, soon to be, new rest. The QAD, I just went to their website and its cheaper, and looks to be more reliable and durable. Thanks again, you saved me time and money!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts