Archery Talk Forum banner

Drop away rests

462 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Dale_B1
I have owned 2 different bows, both PSE on my firestorm lite I used a cobra fall away rest, On my new X force I am using a trophy taker. My question is on both rests my arrow fletching would hit the rest as it went by, sometimes the arrow flew fine and other times not so much. The fletchings have some marks black marks from hitting the rest, is this common? am I doing something wrong, or do I need to get it set up again?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,174 Posts
You should have NO contact with a drop away rest. You should have it reset. With the trophy taker it should come up the last 1 1/2 to 2 inches of draw. Make sure center shot, and nock height are adjusted propperly.

· Registered
9,514 Posts
Make sure your arrow is crossing over the berger threads, and time it so like said before that the arrow is raised the last 1.5-2", what I did is put some masking tape on a arrow then made 1" mark's on it so I could tell when the last 2" of the arrow was being raised. Also place some cushion type material on the shelf to help with the bounce back effect of the rest striking the shelf, and popping back up, and hitting the arrow

· Banned
3,222 Posts
It should be ALL the way up in the last 1.5-2 inches of draw, also try shooting BOTH cock feather up and cock feather out.

· Registered
55,441 Posts
Timing, timing, timing. It's everything when setting these up. Also it sounds like your nock point may be set too low and driving the arrow into the rest. These bows like a high nock point with a drop away rest. Also are you shooting odd vane up?:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.