Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· have bow-will travel
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone is different but what are we thinking on rest timing. I have had success with as little "up" time as possible. Last night put a new cable on my switchback and moved the cord down a hair and got about 5" of "up" time and I think my long range grouping is better. So long or short "up" time??

· Back Yard Champion
35,906 Posts
Two thought have prevailed on the drop away rest. One, the launch arm has to stay up long enough to give guidance to the arrow. Two, too much tension, rest string pulling on the cable, can effect sync and/or timing of the cams.

· Registered
2,959 Posts
What rest are u shooting? Most dropaway rest you want to reach the full upright position a 1" befor the end of your draw cycle. Preloding them a bit like you have yours works well as long as it still falls fast enough for fletch clearence.

· have bow-will travel
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a TT with the proghorn launcher. I usually put the cord where the serving in the roller gaurd area ends, this way I do not have to serve it in. For whatever reason this cable had the serving end approx. 1/8" farther down. I figured I would try it before getting a longer cord. It seemed to work a little better. I cannot get used to seeing that cord for the limb operated rests. If I can get one of these more "traditational" type rests to work thats what I am using. So I think some are saying longer up time is better as long as rest is out of the way in time.

· Registered
683 Posts
In LeEarl's video he recomends having the rest in contact with the arrow as long as possible and still have vane clearance. This is what I tell my customers and how I set up drop aways for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.