Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some feedback on a drop away rests. I want to know what you all think on the Nap quick tune drop away versus the golden key futura TKO drop away. I don't want to know anything about the NAP if you have connected it to the cable slide. What I want to know is if you have served it down onto the bow string, and how well it work that way instead of the way it was designed as opposed to the Golden Key rest.
If anybody has shot the trophy taker let me know that too.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
both are great rests and i am using the tko for now and really like it. i used the nap also and i think the design fo the tko is a bit better but both can do the job and set up is pretty easy and quick to set up and get going. make sure you have enough slack in your cord and the tension is set fairly tight for the t.k.o.. the one hting about the nap i liked is the way the cable went to the cable rod it made for a little quicker set up but both are great rests. and for the money are excellent i just like the t.k.o. a little better in the way they built it much stronger over all and the way they marked the rest so you can actually mark where you need it set and if you have to replace anythign you will know where the marks are to set it back up quicker
good luck
rob k

·
74,535 Posts
Trophy Taker

I shoot nothing else. Very simple, accurate. Two screws and thats it. Many here at AT have come to know and depend on TT.
It works for me. I have been using mine for over two years.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
another vote for the trophy taker!!!

the best rest ever!!!!

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
The NAP Quicktunes are excellent rests. I used to shoot with the NAP 2000 dropaway and never once had a problem with them.

Then I was fortuneate enough to get to try out a GKF TKO rest. It was "Love at First Shot"! :) The TKO is an extremely well built rest that can easily be converted to a Conventional Shoot Thru rest if you decide that you don't like a dropaway rest. It can also be switched to a left handed rest in a matter of moments. I had mine installed and fine tuned in a matter of 5 minutes and was shooting nothing but X's within 6 shots.

The TKO also has a Fantastic Warranty just incase your rest should ever develope a problem.

My Vote goes to the TKO with the NAP Quicktunes a close but distant 2nd. place.

Dick

·
Registered
564 Posts
TT Shakey

Simple, solid, fool-proof (almost idiot-proof).

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just installed a TT on my martin cougar last week and went from marginal broadhead flight to excellent flight. Dead on at 60 yards with fixed blade broadhead.

·
Registered
644 Posts
GK TKO is the best one for the money!Built tough and is made by some great people who are always willing to answer you questions. IMHO Matt

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I would choos the Trophy Taker Shakey hunter as the others have stated.

·
Registered
242 Posts
With the two you wanted compaired I would assume you are concerned about price as well as quality. The TKO has a great price and is high quality. Also backed by a company that has been developing arrow rests for over 30 years. GKF has a tech phone line if needed and lifetime warrantee.

Pick the TKO you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

Thanks everybody for the help, I am still making a decision before the indoor season kicks in then I will pull the trigger.

·
Registered
376 Posts
trophy taker

Another vote for the Trophy Taker!! Easiest rest I have ever set up!! Bullet holes are too easy to achieve. Get the Trophy Taker you won't be disappointed.

Trey

·
Registered
286 Posts
i am also looking at the trophy taker. which is better: the narrow or wide launcher? i believe that the wide one is called shakey hunter?

i currently shoot a quick tune dropaway and have had no problems but it is time to spend more money. :)

the quicktune screws chew into my hand after the shot, especially on my ultratec. i changed the rest so that the screws are on the top. this seems to work well.

·
74,535 Posts
RJD11

The shakey arm allows for movement and keeps the arrow on the arm better. Its the most popular for hunting. I use oringinal arm for both huting and tournament, but I dont get real shakey while hunting either. Its basicly a personnal choice. I have installed and shot both and both shoot great are easy to install. Simple tough rest. When you see lots of indoor and 3d shooters shooting this rest in competion it speaks for itself. You can easily order another arm if you wanted both, easy to change. Fall away seem to help broadhead flight for me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
thanks db. i have come to value your opinion after reading your posts that you submit.

they have substance and good advice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts