Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be dropping my new in box Victory off to be powder coated. And I am need of some inspiration. I was planning on getting the riser, limb pockets and modules coated. I have been thinking possibly all white, OD green, or some twist with red white and blue. What do you guys think .? Feel free to post some pictures of your setup's.

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
I like the idea of all white. With some white/electric blue strings. Would look awesome.

·
"Keep Hammering"
7,998 Posts
You might want a light coating on your limb pockets, Powdercoating is pretty thick stuff and I had to remove coating to get my limb cups on my riser!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i have had one done before and went through the sam things.... The guy I'm going to use says he can apply it at about 2 mils in the "light" areas

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I would use some spray adhesive and some baby powder. It may not look the best but it will smell nice.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It didn't in my 2012 pure... But then again I have never had to send my bow in for service, we just always order parts and have them sent to the shop

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
People have been refinishing Elites since they first came out, I cant think of one instance where Elite didnt warranty a bow because it was refinished..

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so I drop the bow off and got an idea while i was there at the shop while looking at some of his work... Being a Veteran I am always partial to patriotic themes... We stated talking and came up with something I think I will love... Red, White to Blue fade from limb pocket to limb pocket with the mods done in white...Pretty stoked about it. I went over all of the clearance critical area's and he seems confident he could make it happen with minimal work going back together. Currently I am running Bee Stinger honey comb bars 30" and 15". Obviously that wont go very well with my theme so i contacted a buddy that does stickers and has a cutter at his house and he is going to make me some custom stabilizer wraps. I'll also be building a set of string's with some combo of red white and blue as well. It should be finished at powder coat on Tuesday and ill be leaving for the ATA on wed evening and return sat night... I will get some pics up asap

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I love patriotic theme bows...sounds like it's going to rock, be sure to post pics.

·
#teamPSE
5,539 Posts
i have seen some cams done in flo orange with the bow all black and oragne accessories :tongue:

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
The Elite Archery Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover strings, cables, decoration and overall finish of the bow. Alterations or modifications to the bow by the consumer may void this Limited Lifetime Warranty. The Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover misuse or abuse of the bow such as dry-firing, dropping, intentional or unintentional damage, etc. Elite Archery reserves the right to deny warranty coverage in the event that misuse is observed.

Looks to me like you will be on thin ice here if anything went wrong.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was going to vote RED WHITE and BLUE...cant wait to see some pics of the finished product! 'MERICA!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going to be something similar to this...this was done by the same guy thats doing my bow. He is a small shop (Killer Koatings on facebook) here in Independence ky that does a lot of custom parts for drag cars and cool stuff. He has a awseome setup and is super reasonable. I had a 2012 Pure coated solid white a couple years ago and went through a shop that was mainly setup to do large runs of commercial materials and it turned out "Decent" at best. This guy has a much better setup to this kind of work.

red white blue.jpg

·
Beer Whisperer
11,060 Posts
Looks very good. Curious how well it goes back together. I always thought that PC was pretty thick.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts