Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone catch the episode of Wildlife Obsession last night on the Outdoor Channel? I know a lot of people on here don't have much respect for television personalities, but my hat is off to the Drury Brothers!

Last night a goregeous deer steps out to 20 yards and Terry absolutely smoked him.

I know what you are thinking....20 yards....chip shot. Well these guys just seem to get it done time and time again and make it count when they get the chance. Last year was a very tough season in the midwest with the crazy weather and Terry managed to get it done still. Yes, they have a lot of opportunities with an abundance of land to hunt, but they really do put the time in and know what they are doing.

A lot of television hunting is BS, but I really do enjoy the Drury Bros. Not to mention this season of Dream Season is outstanding and the way everyone handles the passing of Joe's son Evan is second to none. They just seem to know how to not only pick great hunters, but great human beings and Sportsmen to add to their staff.

So I say....Hats off to the Drury Brothers and how they run their operation!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
though not my favorite show, i do enjoy wildlife obsession. it's a pretty good show. they sure to see some giants and their videography is always good. i also like how they try to teach by explaining what, where, how and why.

·
Team -Third Times a Charm
4,018 Posts
though not my favorite show, i do enjoy wildlife obsession. it's a pretty good show. they sure to see some giants and their videography is always good. i also like how they try to teach by explaining what, where, how and why.
That CWD/EHD episode was awesome. They are the first to dedicate a whole show to explaining the diseases the right way.

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,811 Posts
By far the best TV hunting shows on the air. Those huys are great with their filming and abilities to connect on great deer year after year. I think they are the most down to earth TV celeb. hunters in the woods..

·
Registered
718 Posts
My favorite for sure

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Theirs are the only DVD's I will buy.... Great guys... great hunters... And they do 90% of all the work...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have always enjoyed the Drurys. Seem like good people and would love to sit around and talk hunting with rhem

·
XX78 User
4,890 Posts
Good Guys. They really know how to hunt big deer too.

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Years ago I went to a Stl Cards game and went to the hotel bar across from the stadium and sitting out in the lobby was Mark Drury and some of his family. I had on a camo Stl hat and found a pen and walked up to them and asked for him to sign my hat. I told him I didn't mean to take up too much time and interrupt him from his group and he was totally cool. Asked where I hunted, how it was, numbers of turkey and deer in my area etc. Talked for probably 10 minutes. Mark Drury didn't have to, but he took the time to talk hunting with me, like most hunters would when you first meet them. Very genuine guy.

side note.

After that went to the bar and told my buddies about it and they thought it was cool, was showing my signature and some gals saw me doing that and asked who signed my hat. I'm like Mark Drury, recognize! They had no idea, were like "professional hunter?...what's that???" thought I was weird lol...

·
Registered
376 Posts
not to take anything away from the Drury's but if you want to get away from all the hunting shows with all the sponsor garbage then go on youtube and watch Leatherwood Outdoors. Now that to me is hunting. Guys who work for a living, dont raise their deer in their backyard and still manage to shoot awesome deer right up in Pennsylvania. Real great videos. The Drury's have good shows along with Waddell and Lee and Tiffany but to me its just not realistic for my area because most of the shows they film are in places where the deer are giants and that is surely not the case where i hunt on public land in ny and some private land.

·
Team Mongrel Rookie
4,492 Posts
They seem like very down to earth, nice guys. Anytime they want to have me to their farm to hunt, I will gladly accept!

·
Registered
152 Posts
The modt down to earth guys you will meet. Talked and have hung out with both of them. They are an information bank for hunting. You sit down with them for an hour and you will be surprised how much you can learn. I respect them very much as their shows are not an advertisement or to publish kills (which we know they can do) but to share their knowledge about everything hunting with the viewers. I also pride them on hunting their own ground. Most of the Drury crew kills deer on their own properties that the work very hard to maintain as do many of us. Yes, they do go to a few outiftters, but the majority of their hunting is done on their own farms!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts