Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had some bad timing the other day. I was practicing shooting my Mathews Ovation when a carbon arrow with a cracked nock blew out upon release. My bow was basically dry fired. The main string leaped off the cams and wedged down further in the cams. My top bow limb shows a very fine crack in the V near where the cam is held. I took the bow to a nearby Mathews dealer who took the bow and its numbers for limb warranty replacement. What should I Expect from Mathews? and how long? cost?

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
The limbs will be replaced free of charge.

Expect about 5 days to get your limbs in, unless you want to pay for faster shipping.

Hopefully, your shop will not charge you for any labor.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
sagecreek said:
The limbs will be replaced free of charge.

Expect about 5 days to get your limbs in, unless you want to pay for faster shipping.

Hopefully, your shop will not charge you for any labor.
Hopefully yeah.......but our local Mathews dealer charges labor:cry:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully they don't charge labor, however if Mathews takes good care of me they'll be keeping a happy customer. FIVE days SWEET, I'm fearing two or three weeks at this time of year. If the archery shop just charges for labor I'll pay, after all it was my fault for not inspecting the arrow better.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Must not be the same limbs as the LX has. I know someone who has dry fired their bow 4 times and its still going. ( I won't say his name : keb73)

·
Registered
225 Posts
My dad owns a mathew's pro shop, their customer service is great, they'll fix you up. As for the dealer charging labor...he has bills to pay too.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
3rdplace said:
Must not be the same limbs as the LX has. I know someone who has dry fired their bow 4 times and its still going. ( I won't say his name : keb73)
Yeepppp......it's true.....got the scar to prove it(peep to forehead):embara:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Surprises me that the limbs cracked on the Ovation also, imo Mathews have some really tough limbs, I haven't dry fired my Apex but those limbs look like they could take alot of dry firing really, built tough imo.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I dry fired mine and was scared to death but pro shop put the string back on and I am shooting like before!

·
Registered
506 Posts
your limbs should arive free of charge in about 5 days... if you have any trouble at all log onto mathewsinc.com and PM bob jenkins he'll fix you right up! Mathews customer service is second to none...!

·
Registered
524 Posts
My buddy half dry-fired my Vipertec the other day. He was letting it back down and after he got about half way, he let the string go. I had the tech check it before I fired it again.

While I was there, I watched the limbs on an older Mathews Featherlite fail. (scary) The tech got on the phone and called Mathews and they said they would have replacement limbs there within the week.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Two things--- kinda expect a couple days longer to get new limbs----this is the busy time of year for bow companies. Maybe and maybe not but don't be surpized if it takes a little longer. Second, all dealers I know, charge for warranty repairs. Some charge less just to help out but they still have to pay bills and could be doing something else other than working for free. Just the cold hard facts.:wink: Good luck, I'm sure they'll fix you up soon as possible---Mathews does have great customer service.:) :darkbeer:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts