Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i was blind bale shooting my bow yesterday, and when i pulled back my bow, and shot, i heard a cracking sound and it was loud. turns out i dry fired it. this is my second time doing that.
what do i look for to see if i damaged my bow, or if something happened in the limb which can spread then eventually break? i shot it and it felt ok, but drawing it back felt a little weird.
thankx

G

·
the pucker factor...

...it will feel wierd after a "dry fire"...we call this the "pucker factor"...

...at your "light" draw weight most likely NOTHING happened...BUT!!!...

...take a look at the limbs with a 'fine tooth comb" and determine whether you mave have "cracks" in them...if NOT...most likely no damage has occured...

...if damaged...contact BROWNING'S customer service and send it in...let them replace the limbs...I bet they'd do it for darn neere nothing!!!...if you need them!!...

...many have done this with no problems afterwards...just not a good idea to do it on a daily basis!!...look at it closely...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Do'nt forget to check your string and cables also.Make sure you look at all the spots that are served.Sometimes when a string or cable breaks from a dry fire you will see strands coming through the serving.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
you need to take it to the shop and have him change out your axles and check out your limbs and limb pockets also for stress fractures which can be more trouble than they are worth. another thing is to ask your pro shop to brease your axles and limb pockets also.
better safe than sorry and remember to always have an arrow on your rest so this doesn;t happen
rob k

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
DoubleD....Maybe you and BowTie....Scratch that he's being a good man unit...;) Ok you need to drive up to NY and help this kid before he hurts himself...:D

Just kidding archery1......But slow down take your time....This sport isnt going anywhere..It'll still be here tomm...;)

G

·
LX_SHOOTER...

...sometimes "experience" is the best teacher:cool: ...

...the wounds have healed but the scars remain from mine!!:D ...

...SAFETY...LIVE WITH IT!!!...

>>>---DD--->;)

okay...back to work...see ya'll...

...CORY...your in good hands...good stuff for you to ponder!!:) ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts