Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new bow in the mail and I was so excited, I pulled it out of the box and checked it out. Then I pulled it up and drew it back and it was set about 2 inches short on draw length, which is not a problem because it can be changed. however the string slipped and I accidentally dry fired it. It was horrible, but now that its over what should i do, or check what? After looking over everything carefully i noticed that when I knock on the lower limb as if knocking on a door, there is like a click or a squeak thats not there on the other limb, am I screwed?

its a reflex timberwolf
cam & 1/2

please respond

·
Registered
564 Posts
Not to be a [email protected]$$, but you are probably screwed as you can't hardly take it back to the shop where you bought it and have them look at it. Now you're faced with taking it to a local shop and paying premium $$ to have them check it out. Pretty much negates the savings that you realized by buying it mail order.
Like I said, I hate to sound like a [email protected]$$, but I think that brick and mortar bowshops do have value and we should all be willing to pay a few extra bucks to keep them in business.

I know, some bowshops suck. But they sure are nice to have around when you need them.

Now to answer your question. It sounds like your bow may indeed be in need of some attention. If you cannot pull it apart yourself and check the axles, cams, limbs, etc... then you need to have it looked at BEFORE you shoot it. Another option is to contact Reflex, explain your quandry and see if they will make it right for you.
At any rate.... DON"T SHOOT IT!!!!!! You may make a bad thing worse and end up voiding your warranty, hurting yourself or who knows what.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts