Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Best place you will see them on display and hear about what they can do is here on AT.

DS Advantage products are made by a genius named Detlef who lives in Canada, he's also a heck of a nice guy and have had the pleasure of having many conversations with.
He knows what makes his products great, attention to detail.

I'll post the pics I currently have of my DS stuff.

·
(aka lug nut)
54,440 Posts
where can I see these two items on the web and read about their features and benefits and where can i buy them as well????Thanks in advance, Mark
The DS Advantage Arrow rest has a CLICK adjustable micro adjust knob
for vertical and for horizontal.

LOOSEN the lock down screw.
Then,
you can CLICK adjust the arrow rest up-down,
you can CLICK adjust the arrow rest LEFT-RIGHT.

Whether you spend 5 minutes tuning
or you spend HOURS tuning...
no need to lock down the micro adjust until you are DONE.

I spent two years in medical devices,
and have a lab grade, calibrated digital caliper.

I clicked the micro adjust knob 50 CLICKS.
I measured the before and AFTER starting position.

My digital caliper reads down to 1/10,000 of an inch.

The 50 clicks were DEAD accurate at EXACTLY 0.1000 inches.

The DS Advantage Arrow rest is CRAZY accurate, on the micro-adjust.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Another vote for Detlef's products. I also have two of his sights and absolutely love them. Craftsmanship is next to second to none. The rest's are the same and also have two of them and like Nuts&"Bolts said, they are great. You can pay more money on other stuff but you won't get any better sights or spring steel rest than these.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hands down the best sight I have owned in 30 years!

The rest was not on my bow below but is now. It's possibly the best I have owned as well.

Buy either one, and you will never regret it!

·
Registered
20,937 Posts
Love my DS sight....it's the recurve version and the opposite color of the blue/silver that TwinerDrawback shows- My rest will be on the way shortly.

Next...another DS sight- this one for compound. I'm liking the black/Red...it'll go nice on my Red/black Dominator

·
Registered
20,937 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you don't know Detlef Stakelbeck, you don't know enough.
I've owned a long list of the best arrow rests, DS Advantage is by far the best I've ever come across. I now own 3.

Besides all the great things listed above, this rest has a quick removable blade mounting rod that has an adjustable set pin and clamp, so you can purchase a second mount rod. Then you can have multiple blade & rod set up so you can switch arrow sizes without having to retune. Just tune it once and set the clamp and pin. Then every time you switch, it's in precisely the spot you tuned it at. This is the greatest genius about this fine piece of machined excellence. Yes to all the praise listed previous, but switching from 3D arrows to FITA and then to Indoor in minutes and precisely tuned before your first shot ... nothing else like it.

My wife's bow has the DS Advantage sight and scope. Again, simplicity and versatility put together in styĺe with machine work that is second to none.

Detlef doesn't operate like the corporate suppliers, he's an owner/operator...he's the company. I dont think he has a website. Communicate clearly, there is no online store or shopping cart. First, you have to fińd him, then convince him to sell you something specific. It wasn't easy for me to find him 2 years ago, but he is Archery's best kept secret.

·
Registered
21,874 Posts
I have been in archery since 68 & have had many sights & rest & the DS is buy far the best machined sight & rest I have come a cross in almost 50 years of archery. I have had many of his sights (have to quite changing bow colors) & have 2 of his rests. There isn't any better but there is a lot that you can pay more of & get less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.