Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a lot of guys here knows Detlef. Detlef makes outstanding quality sight , rest and scope. I always want to be able to swipe my one pin housing with multipin housing without removing his sight from my bow. So I contacted him and he right away made me a special bracket so I can use CBE 5 pin housing on his sight. Outstanding customer service!!! Everything works perfect and cannot be more happier about it. That is why I have to share with someone :wink:
Below are two photos I took. Any question do not hesitate to ask.
View attachment 2352722
View attachment 2352730

·
Registered
444 Posts
Seriously, that is the best of both worlds. On a one bow operation Target and Hunting ready...

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. It was cheaper for me to purchase used CBE sight here in classifieds. But couple years ago I purchased one from them. Exactly same housing.

·
Team 4 Play
17,306 Posts
Who sells the ds advantage sights?
Unless you happen across a used one in the classifieds here detlef123456 on here is the guy who makes them.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Did you get the CBE 5 pin housing directly from CBE?
Contact them, they run about $100, also check E-Bay, sometimes you can get lucky and get one for less. Lancaster Archery doesn't stock them the last time I checked. Mine is mounted on a Sure Loc, changing the pins as I speak to .010 fibers, the .019 are just to bright. Cheers--BB

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Contact them, they run about $100, also check E-Bay, sometimes you can get lucky and get one for less. Lancaster Archery doesn't stock them the last time I checked. Mine is mounted on a Sure Loc, changing the pins as I speak to .010 fibers, the .019 are just to bright. Cheers--BB

Did it fit right away? Or you have to make some special bracket?

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I milled about .010 off two sides of the Sure Loc hex rod, you could also do this with a file if you're careful. Then I ran the fibers down my sight extension in weedeater fuel line to protect them. Get this at any lawnmower shop, but watch out it comes in a lot of sizes! I had .019 CBE pins, so I bought .065 fuel line, that gave me .008 for clearance. Then I used some small 1/4" x 1/4" self sticking wire holders and zip tied everything to keep it out of the way. I am now waiting for my .010 pins--this set up was WAY too bright for outdoors. In the sun it was a lot brighter than a LP light on it's max setting. I'm going with .010 pins and will rig up a shade to adjust the brightness. Cheers--BB

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I milled about .010 off two sides of the Sure Loc hex rod, you could also do this with a file if you're careful. Then I ran the fibers down my sight extension in weedeater fuel line to protect them. Get this at any lawnmower shop, but watch out it comes in a lot of sizes! I had .019 CBE pins, so I bought .065 fuel line, that gave me .008 for clearance. Then I used some small 1/4" x 1/4" self sticking wire holders and zip tied everything to keep it out of the way. I am now waiting for my .010 pins--this set up was WAY too bright for outdoors. In the sun it was a lot brighter than a LP light on it's max setting. I'm going with .010 pins and will rig up a shade to adjust the brightness. Cheers--BB

I love it. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts