Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Just picked up an SKB case yesterday. The model is 2SKB-5014. Here is a link http://www.skbcases.com/sports/products.php?cat=9&page=4

Here are the specs:

ATA 50" Quad Rifle Case
Model: 2SKB-5014
The ATA 50" Quad Rifle Case (2SKB-5014) is made to ATA 300 Category 1 specifications, which is the highest shipping container specification of the ATA. This case is molded from ultra-high density molecular weight polyethylene, the material specified by the U.S. military for cases and containers.

MSRP: $329.99
Interior Options: Bunk Bed
Available Colors: Black
Interior Dimensions: 50.00" x 15.50" x 6.00"

It's actually a quad rifle case but I was able to fit the DST 40 and another bow. Wanted to be able to fit the DST40 as well as the 36 when it arrives.
Good warranty on it......$1500 contents and full replacement of the case itself if damaged.
I haven't had a chance to travel with it so I can't tell you how it stands up to the rigours of air travel. SKB Seems to have a good reputation

·
Shoot-Through
2,095 Posts
I picked up an SKB iSeries case. Ill check on the model, but it fits the bow very nicely

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have the 2SKB-5014 also. It's just about the only one long enough to fit.
I keep my stabs, scope, etc... on one side and the bow on the other.
It's definitely heavy duty, but also very heavy.
I like it because I'd rather have overkill protection on a 2,500 setup.

·
Shoot-Through
2,095 Posts
I picked up an SKB iSeries case. Ill check on the model, but it fits the bow very nicely
I have the iSeries 5014. It doesnt fit two bows, but I keep all my stabs, sights and other gear under the divider and the bow on top. Holds it very steady and is sealed against water. I had it in the back of my truck in a rain storm and it wasnt wet at all. Very good seals and sturdy wheels.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
If I was going to buy an airline travel case it would be the tuffpak. http://www.nalpak.com/TuffpakSport . Many different sizes and you can put clothes and other gear in it as well. No hinges that could potentially break after time.

It looks like a travel golf bag so you won't get crazy looks walking through the airports like you will with a gun case. Throw a couple Callaway stickers on it for good measure. Nuts & Bolts has the most legit travel system though. He packs his portable press and simply takes the bow down completely and packs it inside his normal luggage.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have the Aurora Techno, it can physically fit two long ATA bows but I use it for single target bow only but full tournament setup, I hate to scratch things because of tight space...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
These look nice, there are a number of techno models, which one do you have?
Not seeing it anymore, back in 2010 I was @ LA store, have many extra pockets inside, became small for two target bows with full setup.
With Aurora again I would go to double ProLine just for extra space/thickness and the rollers are really great this what Im missing to pull the bag and not to carry it.
Anyway, I am open for any new style, I was looking also those plastic containers look great and strong and expensive but may not have enough interior space for a dual full gear?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts