Archery Talk Forum banner

Dual String Suppressors

3540 Views 22 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  scotty624
Jealous of my sons Young Gun, I decided to make my own suppressors. They mount to the triangular indention intended for quivers. I used 3/8" solid aluminum round bar, all thread connectors, BOWJAX stoppers and some Allen head screws. I ground one end of the all thread connectors to match the triangular shape in the bow. I then drilled a hole through the connector for the the round bar. I bent the bars very carefully by hand and cut them to length. No need to tap anything as the connectors are already threaded. quick coat of paint and your done.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,016 Posts
Very nice, I just paid almost 40.00 bucks for one just to sell it with the bow,some times I fell smart.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think this product could be made universal. If anyone is interested in developing one please contact me. Most bows have a place to mount a two piece quiver, and alot of us use a one piece quiver. Besides changing out the all thread connector for a machined piece of aluminum, not much to do, just a litlle R&D.

· Registered
5,236 Posts
gr8 job:thumbs_up

· Registered
297 Posts
strinng stopper

how about making a single stopper using the sam rod couplers but mount it to the cable guide rod just drill a hole in top to slide over the rod andone in the bottom to stick the stopper rod thru and secure with allen screws or set screws might have to use a bigger coupler than what you u sed do you think it would work

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.