Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you be in bow hunters rather than free style if you shoot spots with a camo bow?

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Bow color is irrelevant. I shoot a Camo Ultra Elite for spots. No issues.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
The paper doesn't care. My PCEXL is full snow Camo with a freestyle setup. Vegas here I come! Unless I start shooting this VE+ better

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are true Bowman! I thought there might be some weird rule or something.

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
Interesting side thought though:

USAA Dress code does have Camo restrictions, no Camo pants, shirts, anything major. Camo is only allowed as accent or on accessories.

Nothing about camo on the bow...

Only your type of equipment, stabilizer, sight, release, etc... Can move you class to class.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No such thing as a dumb question.

Interesting side thought though:

USAA Dress code does have Camo restrictions, no Camo pants, shirts, anything major. Camo is only allowed as accent or on accessories.

Nothing about camo on the bow...

Only your type of equipment, stabilizer, sight, release, etc... Can move you class to class.
I never knew that you couldn't wear camo..... What's the reason behind that? You know?

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
The rule for World Archery (which flows downward to USA Archery) against camo clothing is due to safety. Camo clothing can theoretically allow shooters to blend in with the background, therefore making it harder for the Director of Shooting (or whoever is running the timer) to see if the range is clear.

In reality, a DoS can still miss people. At the 2011 Easton JOAD Nationals in Sacramento, the DoS started the clock while I was still downrange with some Cadet compound archers. As a Judge, I was wearing a bright red shirt and Khaki shorts, and still got missed.

So, it can happen even if a judge is wearing bright clothing, but there's no reason to take a chance.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
you can't shoot spots with a camo bow.
after pulling your arrows and walking back to the line, you not find it in time to get all your arrows shot in time alloted for an end.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Also what I heard from World Archery it is also because they are trying to get the sport (compound) olympic and a dresscode more like a sportsman helps that.
This is also why in major events (World Cups for example) you need to wear sports clothing and shoes.
I nearly got disqualified once, as my hiking shoes do look kinda weird and they were unsure if this where "sport shoes" as described in the rules.... but I got a pass after I promised to wear my Nike running shoes next time...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is great info!

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,193 Posts
The only one that cares what you shoot is you. I didn't realize this until last year. I guy asked me what my Buddie was shooting.now I shot a 10 week league next to him ,But I dint even know what he shot. It made me realize he has probably not given my bow a second look. But I do hunt with black bows because they look better on the line.

If you start shooting 60x's they will be looking more at the bow.LOL

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only one that cares what you shoot is you. I didn't realize this until last year. I guy asked me what my Buddie was shooting.now I shot a 10 week league next to him ,But I dint even know what he shot. It made me realize he has probably not given my bow a second look. But I do hunt with black bows because they look better on the line.

If you start shooting 60x's they will be looking more at the bow.LOL
I prefer black also. I am just weighing the cost at 100 more. I also like black because it is solid and a little less distracting.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
No! I was told that all bows must be of "target color". Something about spotties spotting their britches if they see a hunt'n bow on the line.................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts