Archery Talk Forum banner

Dumb Question?

405 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  shortarrow
I've never used a loop on the string for the release before and was wondering if this changed draw length and how.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,284 Posts
Your draw length will not be effected, it will remain the same. However, your anchor point will be a bit different depending on the length of the loop.

· Registered
1,586 Posts
yes the actual draw length is not affected but anchor point is. You might need to take off .5 inch out of your draw if it is set for w/o a string loop

· Registered
6,815 Posts
Your draw length will not be effected, it will remain the same. However, your anchor point will be a bit different depending on the length of the loop.
+1...DL of the bow will not change, but your overall DL will change with the addition of the D-Loop...you should anchor to the same place, so with the addition of the d-loop it may be nessecary to shorten your draw a tad, or you will need to find a new anchor, and leave the DL setting the same!

· Registered
3,683 Posts
oh no!!!

not this discussion again. i will answer this in a way that hopefully most can agree on---

the draw length of the bow will not change BUT the perceived draw length will change. some will tell you to shorten the DL of the bow by the length of the loop. some will just say "anchor farther back". maybe you could split it between the two. i would have to say that if you shorten the DL you may not be able to keep your head directly over your spine in the optimum position. if you don't shorten the DL you may be anchored too far back to maintain good body alignment and dynamic tension. that is why i make by loop as SMALL as possible. JMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.