Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone might know if the shorter axle-to-axle DXT will have limitations or shortcomings when shooting at targets out to 50+ yards? Particularly, in field archery?

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I'm getting 4-5" groups at 45yds. and I'm an average shooter with my DXT, the only reason I'm not shooting farther is I'm using a small housing 1.75" on my Sword 3rd plane axis, and that's as far as it's going:smile:

So for me the DXT is a excellent shooting bow:teeth::teeth:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Field Archery or not?

I am just wondering if it's not a good bow for Field Archery, considering a few of the targets are out to 50-60 yards --and there's that 70 and 80 also.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you plan on shooting longer distances like those often you should probably look at a bow with a little longer ATA. Like the dren LD. With a short ATA like that on the DXT you might strugle a little.

I am just wondering if it's not a good bow for Field Archery, considering a few of the targets are out to 50-60 yards --and there's that 70 and 80 also.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Ive shot mine out to 83.5yds with great results. The bow is capable if you are. Ive shot some great groups and it was luck on most but it does show what the bow is capable of if the indian can.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Shot distance

I know u are asking about a certain bow, but I shoot a 29.5 ATA bow and I was shooting this weekend out to 55, 75, and 100yrd with great results, I was using an Anchor sight and there gapping method and it worked great I used my 55yrd pin all the way to 100yrd and doing pretty well shooting. look in this tread and I will tell you how I did it. I was really surprised myself.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
last fall, I was shooting out to 50 yds at my glen del buck and hitting it 10/10 times. I could have went further if I had my G5 XR floater pin set for more, but I chose to stay at 50 to practice. I had no trouble getting a fairly good group at 50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts